17th June 2011, 01:10 AM
oracle11

What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?

Pesently I am doing BCA from Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU). I want to know about MCA eligibility criteria in different good universities in Delhi, Pune or West Bengal(Regular). I passed 10+2 without Maths and I have Maths in BCA. Am I eligible for MCA in good university? Please provide me with the details of the universities regarding name, eligibility, admission procedures.
Thank You.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and eligibility to study MCA for BCA graduate? -- [New]
  2. Can I study MCA in IGNOU if completed BCA 2 years ago? Is it possible to get Technical jobs after completing MCA from IGNOU?
  3. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in IGNOU for MCA program? Procedure to get admission?
  4. Procedure for admission to MCA from Mumbai university? Can i take admission in the current year?
  5. Whether doing MCA from IGNOU is not valuable?
  6. Procedure to apply and fee expenses of MCA course in IGNOU?
  7. Am I eligible to take admission in MCA? I am doing BCA through correspondence course in IGNOU
  8. Should I study MCA in IGNOU being an employee? Procedure to get admission?
  9. Eligibility criteria to join MCA in Delhi University? Procedure to get admission for this?
  10. How to do MCA from a regular university after doing BCA from IGNOU?
  11. Which course should I opt for my PG course either MC&J or MA? I have done BCA from IGNOU and I don't want to do MCA
  12. Job Opportunities after completion of MCA course from IGNOU?
  13. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  14. Detailed admission procedure to apply for MCA programme in Abroad? Eligibility criteria and best MCA college in Abroad? How this course is differ from India?
  15. Can I take admission for MCA after completing BCA from IGNOU?
  16. Is MCA from IGNOU a good course? Can i get Govt. jobs afterwards and be eligible for GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I do MCA from any regular course in Kolkata? I am doing BCA from IGNOU
  18. Procedure and eligibility criteria for MS after MCA?
24th December 2011, 11:15 AM
arun.potturu

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?

Surly you can go for MCA course after BCA in maths.The minimum qualification to enter into MCA is three or four years degree is needed with 50% marks.After completing BCA you have write the ICET entrance exam.Those who good rank ICET they can choose good college.The not qualified candidates may enter into MCA field through management quota.
11th January 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?

my wife is completed Diploma in E & E now she need to admit MCA in Ignou university. pls confirm she is eligible for this criteria
18th January 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

can i do MCA regular o correspondnce after completing BCOM with 49.33%?
27th January 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

i have BCA correspondence in Annamalai Universityand 2 level non-maths . BCA I yr only scientific computing(maths). can I possible to admission of MCA Regular in good college?
10th March 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i have passed BCA from IGNOU in 2012. now,what should i do ? job or mca from ignou
27th March 2012, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

WHAT I CAN DO MCA I HVE DONE BCA WITHOUT MATH AND I WAS NOT
20th April 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

procedure of MCA after completing b.com
7th June 2012, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing bca in sikkim manipal university can i take addmision in delhi university?
7th June 2012, 11:47 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am pursuing bca in sikkim manipal university can i take addmision in delhi university?

Hi

MCA stands for the Master's in Computer Application and it is basically the advanced form/ higher study of the BCA which is Bachelor in Computer Applications.

Now the Basic Eligibility Conditions to take up MCA in any college is :-

1. You should be a minimum graduate in Science/Commerce streams and must have secured more than 50% aggregate in it.

2. BCA students are always eligible for MCA.

3. Maths is compulsory in 12th or in graduation to have studied if one wishes to take up MCA.

So now coming to your question, If you have done BCA from IGNOU, and have a clear degree, then surely you can take admission in the MCA in IGNOU itself.

Do not worry about it at all..

Thus Click Here to visit the Official website of the IGNOU.

Hope this helps

All the best

29th July 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

can i do mca if i have not maths in 2
31st July 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i have my graduation in bsc pcm and now i wanna pursue mca.
is there any enterance exam for MCA to get admission in good college?
7th December 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

what is best ,,,,regular mca,.,,,,or from distance,,,,,,after bca
11th May 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I have 49 percentage in bca, can I apply for MCA from IGNOU?
5th June 2014, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B.com(43%) and working in TCS BPS from the last 1.5 yrs, want to purse Mca. Please suggest full details of it.

thanks.
Smith Rozario
5th June 2014, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have done bca with maths.. Bt I have done 12th without maths. Want to do mca from ignou ..so m I eligible for it....?
21st June 2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have done BCA with 70.5% from sikkim manipal university distance education. i have study math in at bca but i have done ISc with bio science . may i take admission at ignou for MCA course?????????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?