17th January 2017, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Geologist? What is the minimum marks required in ISC Board exam to get admission in College of Geology, Kolkata?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th and I have Science stream (Computer, Maths, Physics and Chemistry) so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required to become a Geologist? What is the minimum marks required in ISC Board exam to get admission in College of Geology, Kolkata? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
17th January 2017, 05:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Geologist? What is the minimum marks required in ISC Board exam to get admission in College of Geology, Kolkata?

If you want to become geologist then you can apply for the UPSC exam and eligibility criteria As given below:

You must have a bachelor degree.

Degree must be from recognised University.

Your age must lies in between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years are provided to the OBC and SC / St categories .
respectively .

You must be Indian

you can apply online through:
www.upsc.gov.in
17th January 2017, 11:53 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Geologist? What is the minimum marks required in ISC Board exam to get admission in College of Geology, Kolkata?

B.Sc. (Hons.) Geology or Bachelor of Science Honours in Geology is an undergraduate Geology course. The duration of this course is three years. For Geologist course candidate must have passed 12th class with Science stream from a recognized board. As per my knowledge, the minimum marks required in ISC Board exam to get admission in College of Geology, Kolkata is 50% to 60%.

After completion of this course you can apply for job in the following employment area are given below.

=> Government Agencies

=> Geological Survey of India

=> Defence and Para-Military Forces

=> Hindustan Zinc Limited

=> Mineral Exploration Authority

=> Educational Institutes

=> Non-Profit Organizations

=> Construction Companies
21st August 2017, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I wanted to ask u that whether geology subject is hard for a science students ?? Plz answer me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?