9th January 2013, 09:03 PM
shraddhapratapwar

What kind of jobs after completing BCA?

what is the kind of jobs after completing BCA?? most of people are saying that..there are only BPO or call center jobs are available..Is it true?? and plz tell me the short term courses while doing BCA which will help me for getting a good job?

10th January 2013, 08:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of jobs after completing BCA?

yes it is true that the job scope for BCA graduates is not good these days. Most companies are now looking for MCA candidates which has really shrink the job opportunities for the BCA candidates. Mostly they are working in BPO and Call Centers.

I don't think you should do any short term course. I have seen people not getting good jobs even after short term courses. In my opinion you should apply for the Master of Computer Applications (MCA).

After completing MCA your chance of getting a good job with improve dramatically. Most IT companies hire MCA graduates. Even SME are also looking for the MCA graduates.

But if you are not interested in doing MCA and still want a good job. I will recommend banking exams to you. The only requirement for banking exams is graduation degree. Since you have completed BCA you will be able to apply for the banking jobs.

The Institute of Banking Personnel Services conducts Clerk and Bank PO entrance exam on the behalf of 19 Public Sector Banks. You should appear for any of the two entrance exams and try your luck. The salary offered is good plus it is a government job.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. Must have diploma/degree in computers or Computers/IT as a subject in 12th or college.

3. Should be able to fluently speak and write official language of the state where you want job.

4. Age limit is 20 to 28 years for Clerk Exam.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. The relaxation for SC/ST is 5 years.

7. PWD get 10 years relaxation.

IBPS Bank PO

1. Candidate should have graduation degree.

2. There is no percentage criteria.

3. Age limit is 20 to 30 years.

4. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

5. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation.

6. ten years relaxation for PWD.

In my opinion if you don't want to do MCA then banking exam is the best option. However you can also appear for Civil Service Examination. With BCA degree you are most likely to only get BPO and Call Center jobs.
12th January 2013, 02:37 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to tell you that the scope of jobs for BCA candidates are not so good now these days.

So, I would like to suggest you that you should go for banking examination and civil services examination.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
14th January 2013, 04:22 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

[I]
Dear Friend,

For BCA graduates, the job scopes are not good now-a-days.

So, I would like to suggest you that you should apply for MCA(Masters of Computer Application), if you are interested to do this.

But, if you are not interested to do this and want to do a good job, then I would like to suggest you to concentrate on banking exams.

Thanks.
9th June 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Whether doing MCA in correspondence has any value/ scope ?
10th June 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

is it really tough to face the campus interview for BCA student?If means,how to face that interview very easily,if there is any books for entrance exam ?
28th July 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

i have complete my BCA from sikkim manipal university.and i also pursuing MCA. i don't know what i doing for spcililzation because i dont know wha my best knowledge of which subject .but i wana this job whose never math use
27th October 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

This is my 2nd year of my degree BCA>After completing should I choose MCA or any other job?
9th April 2015, 08:27 PM
amanshrivastava98

In my opinion, mere BCA cannot get you a promising job.

To get a good job in the same field of Computer Application, you need to pursue masters too that is MCA (Master of Computer Application) after which you will get a good job for a bright future.

Almost all the IT companies hire the computer graduates as System Analyst in their organization but for that post you need to pursue MCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?