28th August 2017, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

What is the maximum time limit to complete B.A honors graduation from CU?

What is the maximum time limit to complete B.A honors graduation from CU? Can you please give me the right information on the same? I need this information soon, so can you please guide me with the details? Awaiting for the response.

29th August 2017, 03:44 AM
manjira...

Default Re: What is the maximum time limit to complete B.A honors graduation from CU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the maximum time limit to complete B.A honors graduation from CU? Can you please give me the right information on the same? I need this information soon, so can you please guide me with the details? Awaiting for the response.
The minimum time limit to complete B.A honors is 3 years and the maximum time time is 5 years from the year of admission as per the Calcutta University rule.

The candidates need to appear for the university examination within 2 years from the date of registration. However there are several situations regarding the maximum time frame provided by University of Calcutta.

A candidate who has gone through a regular course for the first year of a BA course have to appear for the Part I examination within 2 years from the year of admission and candidates who are unable to do so wil have to start a fresh course.

For detail information you can check the official website
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/exam_regu.html
29th August 2017, 10:57 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the maximum time limit to complete B.A honors graduation from CU?

B.A. is a graduation degree having normal duration three years. However, there is a maiximum span period in which candidate has to complete the degree otherwise there is no chance given to candidate to appear in any examiniation after expiring the maximum span period.
In case if B.A. honors from C.U., the maximum time limit to complete the B.A. degree is six years.
29th August 2017, 04:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The UGC has directed all state universities to make a uniform time period for completion of any higher education course. Under this, students will get two extra years to complete their course and qualify for a degree. Universities can give relaxation of one more year in exceptional cases.

So, B.A, B.Com, B.Sc students will get total five years to complete the course incase they are unable to pass within three years.
29th August 2017, 08:17 PM
Satvantanu

Bachelor's degree awarded for an undergraduate course or program in either the liberal arts science or both.Bachelor of arts programs generaly take three to four years depending on the country institutions and specific specialization majors or minors
A Bachelor of honours level covers degree with title such as Bachelor of art BA (Hons)Bachelor of science usually BA or BA(Hons).The hons represent 360+ credit of study typically over three years full time.
Calcutta University also conducts 3 years BA/B.Sc(Honourns)
29th August 2017, 08:31 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

B.A (Bachelor of Arts) in Honors is an 3 year under graduation course.

According to the rules of UGC (University Grants Commission) they have decided to complete the under graduation course in extra 2 years i.e., total 6 years. If it is a degree the basic course duration is 3 years and extra 2 years so the degree course should be completed in the time of 5 years.
30th August 2017, 04:12 AM
starberry

Maximum time limit to complete B.A honours graduation in two more years after 3 years of regular course. The course duration is 3 years. But if you fail any subject or more or get detained to the same year, you will have to clear all exams by the 5th year of Bachelors. At the end of five years after course commencement, you must get your graduation completed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?