17th August 2017, 10:17 AM
akshaykumar yadav

What is the minimum criteria required to apply for IIT admission?

I am doing final year mechanical engineering. I got arrear in 3rd year.
Also, I have 57% in one semester. Is that I am eligible for IIT admission after getting well score in gate exam? Can you please give me the details on this? Thanks!

18th August 2017, 08:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum criteria required to apply for IIT admission?

Yes, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies after scoring well in GATE examination even if you have backlogs in your B.Tech course. To get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies, you should have your Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university and should have to secure good score in GATE examination. By scoring well in the GATE examination and participating in the counselling process, you can get admission for pursuing your higher studies in IIT.
18th August 2017, 08:54 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology where as GATE refers to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is held for offering admission M.Tech degree course in various technical colleges across India or for getting jobs in PSUs.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum criteria for appearing in GATE is a bachelor of engineering degree/technology from a recognized university. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in GATE having a backlog in 3rd year of your engineering degree course then I would like to let you know that you will be eligible but you need to clear your backlog first.
18th August 2017, 09:33 PM
starberry

Hello,

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology. You will have to clear GATE with a very good score and merit so that you can get admission to IIT college. Your one semester marks will not affect your chance to appear for the exam. Minimum aggregate marks required in your graduation is 55%. Hence, you can start preparing for your exam. All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?