16th December 2012, 06:45 PM
minarabi

What is the procedure to be an IFS if I am from science background

what are the procedure for be an ifs as I have science back ground ?

28th April 2014, 12:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be an IFS if I am from science background

Quote:
Originally Posted by minarabi View Post
Nice to see that you're interested in IFS Entrance Examination. Being a Science stream candidate you're eligible to apply for IFS Entrance Examination.

IFS Stands for (Indian Forest Service Exam) and this Entrance Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year.

To appear in this Entrance Examination then the applicant should be complete bachelor degree course in Science stream with Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology from recognized university.

Final year candidates may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination. You have to studied in any one of the above specialization in bachelor degree course then definitely you're eligible for IFS Entrance Examination.

Age Limit:-

Age limit of the candidate should not earlier than 21 years and not later than 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST candidates and OBC candidates.

How to Apply:-

The Notification and other important information about the entrance examination released in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC.You may apply for the examination by Visiting the official website of UPSC.

For More Information Please Visit here:- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th May 2014, 11:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be an IFS if I am from science background

Quote:
Originally Posted by minarabi View Post
IFS stands for Indian Forest Service and this Examination is Conducted Union Public Service Commission. This Examination held Every Once in a year.

The Notification for this Examination Published in Employment news paper and Official website of UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria Required for IFS Examination

Educational Qualification:- You should Complete Graduate from recognized University /Institution and You should studied in any one of the Subjects like, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science/Botany/Chemistry/Geology/Mathematics/Physics/Statistics, and Zoology)

Only the candidate who having the Above subject are eligible to apply for IFS Examination . And you have Completed B.sc in Geography Course . I think your age eligible to apply for IFS Examination. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for IFS Examination . There is No Minimum Needed in this Examination .

Age Criteria :- Your age should in between 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for SC / ST Category candidates for 5 years and 3 years for OBC applicants

Nationality :- You should be Citizen of India.

Number of Attempts :- Four Attempts for General candidates , Seven Attempts for OBC candidates and No Limit for SC/ST candidates.

The Cost of Examination Application Form Rs. 100/- For General candidate and you should Pay by the way of deposit at any of SBI Branch in India . You may also pay through Net Banking such Debit or Credit card.

For More Information :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?