12th January 2017, 03:59 PM
binoy halder

What is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with Commerce stream and after completing it I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know what is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th January 2017, 10:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam?

To become an IPS officer, the minimum qualification required is completion of Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. The age limit required to apply for IPS examination is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you are pursuing graduation in commerce stream, after completion of your graduation, you can apply for IPS examination.
13th January 2017, 11:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and it is conducted for recruitment of I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So,you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. To get details for syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th January 2017, 06:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoy halder View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with Commerce stream and after completing it I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know what is the qualification needed to become an IPS Officer? Can a Commerce stream candidate apply for IPS exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
After completion graduation degree in Commerce, you are eligible for IPS officer exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam 2016.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?