7th March 2017, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job?

Respected Sir/Mam, I have done my pre schooling in air force school till my 8th grade and changed my school to St.Joseph's Indian high school Bangalore joined NCC (Navy) as I am very much interested in navy. I did my diploma in automobile engineering and now I am in R.V college of engineering ( mechanical) final year and I am very interested in joining in merchant navy, I am 23 years old. Can u please specify me the age limit and procedure to join merchant navy? or any entrance exam I have to go through?

Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job? -- [New]
  2. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  3. What is the qualification for ETO course in Merchant Navy?
  4. Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?
  5. Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?
  6. Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?
  7. Can a 22 years old student apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?
  8. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  9. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  10. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  11. How much percentage is required in 10th to join Merchant Navy
  12. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  13. Information for joining Ship Construction of India after 12th with PCM?
  14. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  15. Merchant Navy qualification for arts students?
  16. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing BSc IT? What is the qualification required?
  18. What is the procedure to get freshers jobs in merchant navy?
7th March 2017, 05:09 PM
atal1978

Default Re: What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job?

Following requirement for Merchant Navy Job :-

Eligibility for Merchant Navy

Can be jointed after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea course or after 12th an officer through various degree or diploma course in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine Engineering.

Unmarried Female and Male candidates are eligible.

Age Criteria -

16 years to 25 years

Medical Standards -

Candidates should be physically and mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms.

Eye-Sight -

6/6 without glasses
No colour Blindness
8th March 2017, 11:05 AM
ajay0770

Default Re: What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job?

Qualification required for apply in Merchant Navy:

-->The eligibility for joining merchant navy is passes class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

-->Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female).

-->Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.

-->Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.

-->After clearing the test, there is an Interview and a medical test.

-->You also need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?