3rd July 2011, 09:30 PM
urmila tagore

What is the scope for girls to become commercial pilot?

what is the scope for girls for being commercial pilot? Please tell me the scope o f it

19th October 2011, 06:07 PM
biswas1908

Default Re: What is the scope for girls to become commercial pilot?

you can be come a commercial pilot by following the steps.

1. pass 12 standard with PCM and 60% marks.
2. Join any Flying acadamy.
3. Pass the DGCA paper.

and bingo you are a comercial pilot.

best of luck
23rd November 2011, 08:13 PM
mahi 16

girls can also become commercial pilot

route of Student Pilot License (SPL) and Private Pilot License (PPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL).
Eligibility
• 10+ 2 pass in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum of 50% marks, to obtain a SPL one only needs 10th passing certificate
• age- between 18-30 years for CPL
• Height- minimum 5 feet
• Eyesight- 6/6 (It is advisable to clear the medical tests at prescribed medical centers)
• The total cost of becoming a pilot is nearly INR 20,00,000, which includes cost for SPL, CPL and getting training to gain knowledge of handling multi-engine aircraft
Basic requirements
• Not afraid of heights
• Good coordination of mind and limbs
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Emotional stability in crisis situation
The process
Visit website of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and find a flying club approved by them. Or else visit this link to find the list of flying schools and clubs in India.
Student’s Pilot License
It is the first stage. An objective test that tests basic mathematics knowledge of the aircraft, engines and aerodynamics. Minimum passing marks is 75 out of a maximum of 100. The SPL examination is held all over India by the flying clubs. 23 flying clubs in India issue SPL. It can be obtained at the age of sixteen only. The cost of these courses is nearly INR 100,000.
Private Pilot License
It is the second stage. It consists of practical and theory examinations. The practical part consists of 40 hours of flying with instructor and 20 hours of solo flying. The theory paper tests the student’s knowledge about aircraft engines, air navigation, aviation meteorology and seamanship. The theory paper is conducted by DGCA. The training period is nearly two years depending upon the availability of instructors. The cost is nearly INR 2,00,000- 5,00,000. It does not allow one to fly commercially and is taken by people having passion for flying.
Commercial Pilot License
This is the third stage. The practical part requires a minimum of 250 flying hours, which includes 60 hours of PPL. 200 solo flying hours are needed to complete CPL. The theory part consists of subjects like Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Technical Planning and Communications in Radio and Wireless Transmission. An additional requirement here is in terms of fitness test. It is conducted by a team of doctors approved by Central Medical Establishment (CME) of the Air Force Unit and the DGCA. The medical clearance has to be taken before the lapse of three years after the flying experience. The average training period is nearly one year. The cost is nearly INR 8,00,000 to 15,00,000. It allows one to fly for airlines, private planes and even cargo planes.
After getting CPL, you can work as a trainee co-pilot for 6-8 months with any airlines and thereafter co-pilot.
30th November 2011, 02:18 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Desar,you can be come a commercial pilot by following the steps.

1. pass 12 standard with PCM and 60% marks.
2. Join any Flying acadamy.
3. Pass the DGCA paper.

and bingo you are a comercial pilot.

best up luck
1st June 2012, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

what is better becoming pilot after 12th or after b.e. ?
15th June 2012, 11:37 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Definately girls have equal opportunity to become a plane pilot.

Girls students join Indian army after graduation.
To join in army ,you have to appear an qualify UPSC exam.
Through UPSC exam ,you can join in navy and air force
The criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is minimum graduation in qualification with 55% marks 60% in engineering.

age limit is 21 to 29 years.
otherwise you can apply for flying through AFCAT examination by IAF the scope for becoming a plane pilot is there but it is very difficult to get due to less number of seats.

All the best.......................
2nd February 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i am a girl who had completed my BDS and my age is 24...can i become a commercial piolet?
2nd February 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

i am a girl who had completed my BDS and my age is 24..can i become 1 commercial pilot?
26th August 2014, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

I'm a girl of 17. I extremly wish to a commercial
Pilot . What am l suppose to do?
3rd July 2017, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I'm 17 years and science student . I want to become commercial pilot .
The question that arises to my mind is do girls have equal job opportunities as an commercial pilot?
Why girls are not been allowed to give NDA exams ?
If girls are also allowed to give NDA Exams even we can study with less capital.
Please can u help me
14th July 2017, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

I'm 17 years old and I want to become a pilot but I got 49.38 in hsc can I become a pilot?
22nd October 2017, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best place for training in India for girls to become a commercial pilot in Indian govt company?
13th May 2018, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

My name is niharika ,I want to inform that many girls like me want to become a commercial pilot but they were rendered by their parents just because of for the fear of paying lakhs of fees in the private flying schools . So, according to my opinion the fees that has to be payed at the time of training should be neglected and can be collected by cutting the same amount from the monthly income of the candidates .so, that none has to face a situation like mine.....
17th June 2018, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

My name is honey jangir, I want to become a commercial pilot but my father can't pay flying school fees then can i became a commercial pilot
3rd September 2018, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

My name is romisha and I also have same situation of cost what can we do to become a pilot
8th August 2019, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

If we are not able to efford 60 lakhs rupee . So , how to become a commercial pilot in less capital?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?