2nd July 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

What shall I do to become an IPS after completion of 12th standard?

hi i m in 12th std, and i want become ips? Than what i do?

9th July 2012, 12:39 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IPS after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i m in 12th std, and i want become ips? Than what i do?
If your aim is to become IPS(Indian Police Services) officer in future then you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is conducted every year in these stages, Preliminary examination, Main examination and Interview. You need to cracked all these stages, But firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination. This examination is also called CSAT(Civil services aptitude test). There are 2 papers in this examination and all are objective one. If you able to cracked preliminary examination, then you are eligible to apply for Main examination. In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, the upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

So, After completing your Intermediate examination, please take admission in graduation course and when you pursuing your final year degree course then you can apply for this examination, The Notification of CSE will be published every year in the month of February, Eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

So, complete your graduation in any discipline and then apply for this examination and if you need more details then check official website:

upsc.gov.in
27th July 2013, 04:43 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become an IPS after completion of 12th standard?

You need to complete bachelor’s degree to apply for IPS. Graduation can be completed in any of the interested streams. UPSC carry out the selection process once in every year. Prelims exam, mains exam, physical efficiency test, and interview are conducted as part of selection process. Age of the applicant must be between 21 and 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?