14th June 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s

3rd August 2011, 08:07 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for being an i.a.s. what should i do after 12th .i have done my 12th class from cbse board with 75% marks now i want to know about i.a.s
IAS : Indian Administrative services
This is the first class service which is designed to assign a position like interface between government and public.

He who is IAS officer has to see that all the benefits provided by government are reaching every nook and corner of his district or area where he is employed.

This is the main ideology about IAS officer apart from this there are many things which IAS have to do.

For selecting to this post a government body called UPSC will conduct a Common entrance exam called CSE(Civil Service examination) every year with this exam only they will recruit the top brains and train as per their requirements by offering a central govt job.

This examination is conducted every year with the three stage longest pattern among all the entrances.

the three stage pattern is
->CSAT
->Mains
->Interview

Now the eligibility criteria required for this examination is very simple you have to be of 21 years of age with a degree while attempting for this examination no matter what degree it is

but you need to provide a degree certificate enough..!

If you want further details about this examination please go through the official link of UPSC

www.upsc.gov.in

Now as you are of 12th you complete your degree with any stream no matter which stream it is.
then apply for Civils

That is all about your answer

Good luck

Regards

~AdityA~
3rd August 2011, 09:29 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

hi dear
after complete your 12th in good percentage
then you go for look IAS exam,
but for this you go for
graduation study,
then after you eligible for IAS exam.

criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an INDIAN
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3 years for OBC candidate

Exam is tough but you prepare well
and clear all concept chapter wise.........

Good Luck...............
3rd August 2011, 10:54 AM
liquid

Smile Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

hii

to become a IAS officer
Date of Notification - 19/Feb/2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications - 21/Mar/2011
Date of Exam - 12/June/2011.
So, if you are interested to apply for civil services examination, then please apply for this exams before 21st/March/2011.
After completing this dates, You can not apply for IAS 2011 Examinations.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS
(i) Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs
(ii) Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
(iii) No. of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)
(iv) Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

good luck
3rd August 2011, 11:06 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Quote:
to clear the IAS exam there are 3 stages
1. CSAT
2. MAINS
3. interview

1. CSAT

for this you should have very good aptitude skills and also very good knowledge of general studies and all thes things cannot be achieved in few days. So start working on it from now onwards. Read newspaper in detail everyday and also make it a habit to read a monthly magazine like Competition Success Review .

2 MAINS

the best way of preparation for mains exam is to have very good understanding of your graduation subjects, so that you can take up those subjects only in the electives qand then there will be no need of separate preparation for the exam.

3. interview

fr this you need to have good communication skills and also goos english speaking power

at last i would suggest you that along with your graduation also try to join a good coaching institute in yourt area which can help you a lot in preparation
3rd August 2011, 12:41 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: What should I do after 12th to become an IAS?

Hi friend,

The eligibility for becoming an IAS officer is to clear the IAS exam conducted by UPSC. For applying that exam you must be a degree holder from a recognised University or equivalent. So after 12th to write IAS exam simple way is to do a degree which will be very easy for you to clear. So that
the year you pass and finish the degree will be the year you get eligible for IAS
exam. And note that your age limit must be between 21yrs to 30yrs.
3rd August 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

what is function of mid manager?
3rd August 2011, 04:09 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
for becoming ias officer, you will first have to do graduation because for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2011, 10:50 AM
Sehwag6

IAS MEANS INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE. The Eligibility criteria for ias:- 1)finished your graduation in any discipline from any university 2)age limit is 21 to 30years. 3)then you apply union public service commission(upsc) exams 4)it is conducted by every year and consists of preliminary,written test and interview 5)generally, number of attempts is 4. Then only you are eligible for ias coaching and training. Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?