5th July 2012, 08:32 PM
PrachiBallal

What should I do after B.Tech, MS and M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology

Im doing my b.tech in electronics n communication technology so just wanted to knw wat shud i do after b.tech, MS or M.Tech ?

10th July 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after B.Tech, MS and M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology

hello sir,,i am a b.tech computer science engineer..what is better for me ms or m.tech...???or which one is considered best in foreign and in india..???hope u suggest me a good option with scope and of course a reasonable suggestion...thanking you sir..
7th August 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do after B.Tech, MS and M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology

Sir ,
i am student of b.tech ECE 3rd year . Plz tell me that waht is the best option after b tech. M.tech or M.S.
7th August 2012, 02:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

First thing you should understand is that Masters in Science (MS) and M.Tech are almost same and none of them could be called better then other course. Both courses have their advantages and it really depends on personal choice on whether to do M.Tech or MS after completing B.Tech in ECE.

I am pointing out some of the differences between two courses for you to select which would be ideal for you.

Let's start with getting admission. You can get admission for both MS and M.Tech after completing B.Tech course. However the difference here is in entrance exam. To get admission in M.Tech you need to appear in GATE entrance exam which is conducted by IITs.

GATE exam is not based on your communication skill but more on your technical skills. It would test your technical expertise rather than communication skill. While entrance exam for MS is more foced towards your command over English and aptitude capability.

The second major difference between M.Tech and MS is that while M.Tech is 2 years long course, MS could extend till 3 or 4 years until you complete the project.

M.Tech is advance level of B.Tech with same structure but deeper concept. What is means is that M.Tech deals in advance courses, tougher assignment while MS is considered as lower level of PhD where you do more research work and less classroom courses.

To make it even more simple for you. If you want to do job after post graduate course with commercial specialization then I would recommend you to go for the M.Tech course. It would also be beneficial because several companies these days given huge importance of GATE score regardless of you have completed B.Tech or M.Tech.

On the other hand if you are planning to pursue PhD after post graduation then MS is better option for you. Saying that it does not mean that there are no jobs after MS but I would give little edge to M.Tech over MS while hunting for the job.

Since you are doing Electronics and Communication Engineering, I would recommend you to do M.Tech in the same branch. According to me, ECE is one of the best branches of Engineering with great job prospect. Even after completing B.Tech you stand a good chance of getting well paid job.

There are several options for ECE graduate to get jobs in Public Sector Undertaking, Telecom, Information Technology, Electronics etc fields. Some of the companies who hire ECE are:

Infosys

Microsoft

ONGC

BHEL

IOCL

Bharti Airtel

Nokia

Dell

BSNL

MTNL

LG

Samsung
31st August 2012, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

I am doing dual degree program in Andhra university that is B.Tec. M.Tec. Can i do M.S???
17th September 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my b.tech in civil.after completion of b.tech which one should i choose either ms or m.tech.which is the best pls suggest me.
16th October 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.tech it 3rd year what should i do after my degree please suggest me an idea
25th September 2018, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing my btech in EEE dept! I'm very poor in my core subject I don't understand anything and I have 6 backlogs all together in my first year! since my parents want me to do my MS abroad I wanted to ask you if i can purse MS by taking a totally different subject or is it compulsory that if i have to do MS then i need to purse it taking my core subject only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?