11th August 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing BCA?

After bca what should i do for sharping carrer...please tell me what should I do

12th August 2012, 09:28 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing BCA?

It is very important that you go for a post graduate course after completing Bachelors of Computer Applications course. Simply because today BCA degree does not have much value. It would be very difficult to get a job with BCA degree. There are several options in front of you after BCA however I would only recommend you to choose one of the two mentioned below.

MCA

The most obvious choice is Masters of Computer Applications. It is post graduate course in computers and would bring great career options for you. After completing MCA, you can apply for job in various IT companies. Today India has offices of almost every single Information Technology company. These companies have outsourced a lot of their work here in India.

But to get a job in MNC you will have to pass MCA with at least 65 percent marks. Those who failed to do so, should not disappoint because several SME would offer you job however pay would not be as good as some of the big IT compaines but it still would be quite competitive.

My first recommendation for you would be MCA. I will highly recommend it over any other course. In MCA you are going to learn about:

Software Applications

Networking

Programming Languages

and much more. The second option according to me for you would be MBA.

MBA

I would recommend Masters of Business Administration only if you have managerial skills or interest in more of managerial role rather than technical post. After MBA you would still be applying in the IT companies for the job, however your role would not be technical. You would be working in management section.

The requirement of MBA is that you complete bachelors degree from a recognised university. Now if you wish to get admission in top B-Schools of India, namely IIMs, you will have to appear in Common Admission Test.

CAT or Common Admission Test is one of the two major MBA entrance exam. You need at least 50 percent marks in graduation course (General) and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates.

Please remember that recently IIMs have changed their rules which means that your performance in 10th and 12th would also play important role. Since each IIM has its own criteria, you will have to apply separately to each IIM.

The other entrance exam for MBA is Management Aptitude Test or MAT exam. To appear in MAT there is no percentage requirement. There are hundreds of colleges in India that accepts MAT score.
12th August 2012, 11:32 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After bca what should i do for sharping carrer...please tell me what should I do

The present condition of the job market is such that every corporate market demands of employees with good computer knowledge. The competition of the market is such that to stay in the rat race the corporate people are showing interest in hiring more and more computer savvy personnel.

The MCA programme has been designed in such a way that is more inclined towards computer applications and thus it gives you the opportunity to study latest and more faster programming languages and tools and their applications. This will help you to get an in depth analysis of everything.

Since you have already done your BCA, to give your career a boost and learn things proficiently you should go for MCA as there cannot be any better course available for you. This course is aimed at giving you job in the IT or software industry. The course tries to cover all the fundamental requirements of these industries so that students do not face any problem when looking for a job. In short it is a job oriented course and much in demand among students .

If you pursue MCA then you will be trained in the following fields:
  • Computer Networks
  • Database Administration
  • Web Designing
  • System Administration
  • Vector Processing
  • Warehousing
  • Data Mining
  • Application Software
  • Systems Designing

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application. It is a three years post graduate course and the course is more practical than theoretical. It comprises of instructional course and lots of practical courses spread over six semesters.

Most of the MCA institutes follow their own admission process. Most of them prefers to take an entrance examination which is followed by group discussion or personal interview. There is no centralized test as such therefore after shortlisting the colleges where you want to apply you should find out when they will conduct an examination and its details.

For pursuing this course you need to secure minimum 60 percent of marks at graduation level. Even final year students are also eligible. Apart from this it is also expected that you will have mathematics as one of your subject at 10+2 level.

For the written examination you need to cover the following sections: Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Elementary English Awareness. If you pass in the written exam then only you will be called for the GD round and personal interview session.

Top MCA Colleges in India:

Vellore Institute Of Technology

PSG College of Technology

Pune University

Hyderabad Central University

National Institute of Technology, Trichy

Birla Institute of Technology

MN National Institute of Technology

Bharathiar University, Coimbatore

Banaras Hindu University

LN College Of Management & Technology

SSJ Engineering College

Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University

International School of Informatics & Management

Biyani Institute of Science & Management

Skylark School of Business and Technology

Presidency School of Management and Computer Sciences

Vivekananda School Of Post-Graduate Studies

Ronald Ross P.G. College

Tilak Maharashtra University
12th August 2012, 11:50 AM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

MCA

The most obvious choice is Masters of Computer Applications. It is post graduate course in computers and would bring great career options for you. After completing MCA, you can apply for job in various IT companies. Today India has offices of almost every single Information Technology company. These companies have outsourced a lot of their work here in India.

But to get a job in MNC you will have to pass MCA with at least 65 percent marks. Those who failed to do so, should not disappoint because several SME would offer you job however pay would not be as good as some of the big IT compaines but it still would be quite competitive.

My first recommendation for you would be MCA. I will highly recommend it over any other course. In MCA you are going to learn about:

Software Applications

Networking

Programming Languages

and much more. The second option according to me for you would be MBA.

MBA

I would recommend Masters of Business Administration only if you have managerial skills or interest in more of managerial role rather than technical post. After MBA you would still be applying in the IT companies for the job, however your role would not be technical. You would be working in management section.

The requirement of MBA is that you complete bachelors degree from a recognised university. Now if you wish to get admission in top B-Schools of India, namely IIMs, you will have to appear in Common Admission Test.

CAT or Common Admission Test is one of the two major MBA entrance exam. You need at least 50 percent marks in graduation course (General) and 45 percent for SC/ST candidates.

Please remember that recently IIMs have changed their rules which means that your performance in 10th and 12th would also play important role. Since each IIM has its own criteria, you will have to apply separately to each IIM.

The other entrance exam for MBA is Management Aptitude Test or MAT exam. To appear in MAT there is no percentage requirement. There are hundreds of colleges in India that accepts MAT score.
12th August 2012, 12:33 PM
nikhu99

Smile Re: What should I do after passing BCA?

Dear friend,

As you completed your BCA , you can able to get job ,But not for a higher salary. If you want to get a higher salary job you have to go for further educational qualifications as...

*MCA(Master of Computer Applications)

*MBA(Master of Bussiness Administration)

By doing this you can able to get a higher salaried job.Also you can go for competative exams like......

*UPSC

*MPSC

*Banking Sector Exams etc

Thank you .....
12th August 2012, 12:48 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

After BCA you can apply in many Govt Jobs like -

Staff Selection Services
Banking Sector
Insurance
Railways

If you want to pursue your masters degree & can further go for studies then You can go for MCA after BCA.It is three years masters degree course & the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. The candidate should have complete graduation with that particular stream.

2. The candidate should carry minimum 50% marks in that graduation

3. The age of the candidate must be within 21 to 30 years.
SC/ST/OBC candidate will get age relaxation

4. The candidate must have maths as a compulsory subject in his 11th & 12th class.

But if you have managerial skills or interest in more of managerial role then you can also go for MBA after BCA.For this you have to appear in the CAT exam to get admission in IIMs & MAT for other Institutes.
14th August 2012, 10:03 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

there are many options for you after completing BCA but it totally depends on you that how you think about your future , i.e.,

* If you are eager to get job , then you can go for preparation of many government jobs like in banking sector , railways , SSC or many more.

* On the other hand , if you want to go for Higher Studies , then you can go for MCA or MBA.

Now , here a question arises that what to choose between MCA and MBA , so it also depends on you . If you are quite interested in computers , then you should go for MCA so that you can perform at your best in this field but if you want to gor for Management , then you should opt for MBA.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2012, 10:36 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
There are many option after bca.

After passing the BCA you have many options to do. Now you have to decide in which side you want to go. You have two options to do one is the higher education and another is the job.

MCA entrance exams:- the following are the MCA entrance exam which are conducted by the national and state level every year-
  • NIMCET
  • JAM
  • RAMCAT
  • VITMEE
  • TANCAT
  • SRMEE
  • KMAT
MBA entrance exams: the following are the MBA entrance exam which are conducted by the national and state level every year-
  • CAT
  • MAT
  • AIMAT
  • SNAP
  • KMAT
Top MCA University in India:-
  1. IIT’s
  2. NIT’s
  3. JNU University
  4. BHU University
  5. IP University
  6. VIT University
  7. GJUST University
  8. Amity University
  9. SRM University
  10. Kurukshetra University
  11. Delhi Technical University
  12. LPU University
  13. Thaper University
Top MBA University in India:-
  1. IIM’s
  2. Delhi University
  3. IIPM University
  4. Amity University
  5. JNU University
  6. IP University
  7. Kurukshetra University
  8. Anna University
  9. SRM University

1. Job: the second method is the job. If you don’t want to do the study then you can do the jobs. The job you will get that will be on the basis of graduation.
Sector to get job after BCA:-
  • IT sector
  • Defence
  • Education
  • Banking
  • Police
  • Railway
  • BPO
Top IT company in India:-
  • Amadeus India Pvt Ltd
  • Accenture
  • Wipro
  • Cognate IT Services Pvt Ltd
  • HCL
  • Collabera Technologies Pvt Ltd
  • Infosys
  • Patni computers
  • Digital Group Infotech Pvt Ltd
REGARDS,
SANDEEPSAINI.SAINI522
7th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

sir after b.c.a i choose master in one softwear. So what softwear i choose please suggest me in my email id [email protected]
11th September 2012, 06:09 PM
smsureshma
Member+

hello friend

I think you should now apply for MCA, job prospectus
would be much better after this.
Eligibility Criteria
Students who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can
apply for the MCA course.
Students who have finished their graduation in science
can also apply.
These students must have studied Mathematics as a
subject in class 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the
admission to this course.
Students who would like to join the MCA course must
have a pass in graduation with more than 60 percent
marks. They need to write an entrance exam as to get
admission into the MCA course.

good luck.
11th September 2012, 06:17 PM
smsureshma
Member+

hi

Career after BCA :
Jobs offering Companies :
HCL Technologies
TCS
CMC
IBM
Wipro Limited
Oracle
Mahindra Satyam
NEST
IBS
L&T Infotech
i-flex Solutions
Govt Jobs :
UPSC
NTPC
BHEl
CDS
RRB
SAIL
DRDO
AAI
IOCL
HPCL
BPCL
ISRO
Education Career :
B.Ed
MBA
M.Sc
M.Tech
MCA

good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?