18th October 2011, 12:40 AM
izharahmad

What should I do to become IPS Ofiicer being a candidate of pursuing Graduation?

i m doing graduation and i want to become IPS officer so what shout i do.

18th October 2011, 02:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become IPS Ofiicer being a candidate of pursuing Graduation?

Hello friend,
Since you want to join the Indian Police Service, you must do the following:
1. Obtain application form of civil service exam, from designated post office and head post office or apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.
2.Write and qualify the first stage of the exam, known as civil service aptitude test.
3. Qualify the Main Exam, the second stage of the exam.
4. Qualify interview.

Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 21-33 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 21-35 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
18th October 2011, 07:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become IPS Ofiicer being a candidate of pursuing Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izharahmad View Post
If your aim is to become IPS Officer, then please apply and cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination was Conducted by UPSC Comission Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

Being a candidate of Graduation, you are eligible for this examination only after completing your Graduation or if you pursuing your final year degree course.

The examination was conducted into two stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination, So you have to cracked the preliminary examination first and only then you are eligible for Main examination. Main examination was Descriptive and you have to choose the Optional subjects on the basis of Graduation.

If your aim is to become IPS Officer, then please apply for Civil services examination next year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved categories.

>> 5 Year relaxation is applicable for SC/ST Candidates.
>> 3 Year relaxation is applicable for OBC Candidates.

General candidates will gets 4 attempts to cracked this examination.
OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The Notification of this examination was going to be Published on next year in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website in the Month of February.

The Notification was declared on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012, the examination was Going to be held on 20/May/2012, So please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online.

The selection are based on the Written test and personal Interview, You have to cracked the Preliminary examination as well as Main examination.

The Preliminary examination pattern was already changed and there are 2 papers in this examination and Both are Objective and compulsory, so please prepare well for the Main examination, only then you will cracked the UPSC Civil services examination and for more Information please check official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
18th October 2011, 07:32 PM
aries-rocks

INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

This exam is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION every years,.
for appear in this civil service examination you must possess graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.

the age limit-
21-30 years for a general candidates.
21-33 years for a OBC candidate.
21-35 years for a SC\ST candidates.

this exam has three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

No. of attempts-
4 for general candidates
7 for a OBC candidates.
no such restriction for SC\ST candidates

thanks!!!
18th October 2011, 07:36 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What should I do to become IPS Ofiicer being a candidate of pursuing Graduation?

Quote:

How To Become An IPS Officer

In order to join the IPS (Indian Police Service) you need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
18th October 2011, 09:20 PM
goutambiswas87

dear friend,
For become a IPS Officer,you should apply for UPSC.
there gave some criteria :
candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline.
your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidates.
age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

All the best...
18th October 2011, 09:27 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
You seem to have determination to become a IPS officer.To get your dream post you need to crack the UPSC exam.
The academic background required for appearing in the exam is a a Bachelor degree in any stream.You need to prepare well for the exam as there will be more competition as more people will be appearing for the exam.
The age requirement for appearing in the exam is 30 for the general category.The age limit is relaxed for various categories.The age is relaxed to 33 for OBC aspirants and 35 fort SC/ST aspirants.
The exam consist of
1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam
The preliminary has exam on the papers both being compulsory
1.general studies(marks 300) and
2.optional paper (marks 100)

The main exam includes 9 papers.you can choose you discipline paper for the optional papers.
On clearing the papers you will be called on for the interview.

you need to satisfy the physical requirement after clearing the interview
18th October 2011, 10:22 PM
tejesh_09

IPS- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE conducted by UPSC Civil Services Examination every year.

To appear for the UPSC Civil Services Examination you have to complete graduation in any stream of education from a recognized university. A final year student of graduation can also appear for this exam.

To apply for this examination, You must hold a bachelor degree from a recognized colleges and universities And your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The upper age relaxation is applicable only for SC,ST and OBC candidates.

There will be two exams - the preliminary exam and the main exam. The candidates qualifying these will be called for personal interview. The syllabus for this exam will be as per the UPSC norms. The two exams conducted will be very tough. Hardworking is needed for its preparation. The candidates are interviewed crucially at the final interview. This is to filter out the best from a number of candidates.
18th October 2011, 11:27 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to become IPS Ofiicer being a candidate of pursuing Graduation?

Hi Dear
IPS-Indian Police Officer

In every candidate want to become an IPS officer because this is the higher post of the administration department.

So for IPS officer minimum criteria is:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Candidate must be an Indian
*Age- 21 to 30 years
age relax as per government rules

So after this you able to give the entrance exam
IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.

in a year one exam is conducted.

Best of luck.............
19th October 2011, 12:06 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

It is very nice to see that you want to become an IPS officer in future and you are trying from this early stage.

To become IPS officer you have to appear in the civil service examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.

ELigibility Criteria:-
The candidate must be a graduate from a govt. recognized Institution and should has age between 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation are given to SC/ST and OBC candidate as par govt. rule.

As you are pursuing your Graduation you are not eligible to appear for the civil service examination.
So there for first complete your Graduation then apply for the civil service examination.
If you want to prepare for the examination then you can work on your aptitude ability,general knowledge,english,current affairs.Read news paper daily.

Best Wishes....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?