25th May 2020, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

What should be minimum percentage in 12th Board exams to be eligible for CPT?

HI, I am about to complete my 12th Board exams after which I wish to do Chartered Accountants - CA course. So, how much should I score in each subjects and overall percentage to be eligible to join CPT?

29th May 2020, 12:54 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in 12th Board exams to be eligible for CPT?

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th for appearing in CPT (Common Proficiency Test) to join Foundation course in Chartered Accountancy then I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement of minimum to be secured in Class 12th for appearing in CPT and therefore any Class 12th passed (in any discipline) candidate can appear in CPT while one can register for CPT after completion of their Class 10th.

For complete details regarding CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
30th May 2020, 08:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in 12th Board exams to be eligible for CPT?

CPT is Common Proficiency Test. It is the screening test for Chartered Accountancy course. Candidates who have passed 12th from a recognized board can apply for CPT conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

You just need to have passing percentage of marks in 12th board examination. It is an objective exam and questions are from Fundamentals of Accountancy, Economics, Aptitude, Mercantile law etc.

It is conducted twice every year.
30th May 2020, 06:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for appearing in the CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of examination.

So, there is no need to be worried about the minimum marks (either subjectwise or overall) required to be secured in Class 12th for appearing in the CPT.
31st May 2020, 08:43 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage in 12th Board exams to be eligible for CPT is 50% marks from a recognized broad.

Candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized broad.

For more information, you can visit their official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?