28th March 2017, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

What steps should I follow to become an IPS Officer? How much should I score in class 12th?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 12th now and after completing it I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know what steps should I follow to become an IPS Officer? How much should I score in class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the steps I need to follow to become an IPS officer?
  2. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer after completing class 12th (BIPC)?
  3. Steps to follow after class 10 for becoming an IPS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer from class 7th? Should I start preparing from now?
  5. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer? Which subject should I choose in class 10th?
  6. What steps should I follow after completing class 12th to become a CA?
  7. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam?
  8. How can I become an IPS officer after passing class 12th with Science?
  9. Which subjects should I choose in class 12th to become an IPS Officer? Is Maths an Important subject to become an IPS Officer?
  10. How can I become an IPS officer? I am studying in 1st year B.A
  11. How can I become an IPS officer after passing 12th exam -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What shall I do to become an IPS Officer being a candidate from 12th Class in Science stream?
  13. What is the qualification for IPS officer? I have completed 12th
  14. Am I eligible to become a IPS officer if I have sight of -1 in both the eyes?
  15. Which stream to choose in 10+2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?
  16. What should I do after completing class 12th to become an IPS officer?
  17. What is the Role of an IPS Officer? What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IPS Officer?
  18. Eligibility to become CID/IPS Officer from B.Com student having secured 52% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
29th March 2017, 08:55 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IPS Officer? How much should I score in class 12th?

To become an IPS officer after completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course from a recognized university. You need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC. The age criteria required to appear in IPS examination is 21 - 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, being a 12th standard student, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree course to be eligible to appear in IPS examination.
29th March 2017, 10:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IPS Officer? How much should I score in class 12th?

To become an I.P.S Officer the candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination. There is no limitation on aggregate in 12th or bachelor degree to appear for examination.

But, you have to do better preparation for examination as according to syllabus to qualify in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?