20th September 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

What to study after Intermediate to become a Custom Officer?

I have passed my 12th from Science stream and now I want to become a Custom Officer so for that what I should do? What should I study further and from where? How much will it cost me to study further courses?

29th September 2019, 04:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after Intermediate to become a Custom Officer?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted every year.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in all the stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages.

So, you can pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to appear in the examination.You can pursue bachelor degree in any course. The fee structure varies with course. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2019, 10:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Customs Officers at Airport are the actually Class 1 or Group A officers that are recruited by Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.

This exam is conducted in these following stages i.e.
  • CSAT/Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
Since, you have passed 12th standard from Science stream. So, now you just have to complete your graduation in any field from any recognized institute.

If you are pursuing any medical or engineering course, then it would cost you high fees. While if you are pursuing any Arts or Commerce course like B.A., BBA or B.Com, then it would cost lower fees.

Whether you pursue Arts course or engineering course, you will be eligible for Civil Services Exam after completion of the graduation course.
30th September 2019, 12:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required educational qualification to appear in Custom Officer examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for final selection as Custom Officer.

So, you should pursue bachelor degree and complete it for the final selection as an officer. The fee structure varies with varies undergraduate course. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?