21st February 2012, 08:02 PM
7sethu7

What are the things to be noted when joining for MS in abroad universities?

What are the things to be noted when joining for MS in abroad universities?

Related Questions:
12th August 2015, 11:47 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the things to be noted when joining for MS in abroad universities?

It is a good decision that you have taken to do M.S. in abroad universities. Let me jot down the points that you need to take care of when you sit for M.S.
1) Firstly, you need to prepare yourself for Graduate Record Examinations or GRE. This examination is held more than trwice each year. You can get the application form in their official wesbite, www.ets.org. There are both online and offline examinations held for GRE. You can choose the format of examination that you are suitable in. This score will be sent to the M.S. university that you have applied directly or to the VISA office directly, where you have applied for VISA. In my opinion start applying for M.S. university after you have applied for a VISA. No university in abroad will allow candidates in their institute who does not have their VISA ready.
2)Next you must sit for TOEFL examination. This examination can be given for a maximum of 5 times in a year. The score that you obtain will be forwarded to the university just like GRE. This examination is to see your English communication abilities.
3)Last but not the least you need to prepare for the entrance examination taken by the M.S. university itself. You need to clear that too. Only when you match up with all three categories you can get a chance for M.S. in abroad universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?