3rd November 2011, 07:29 PM
iatul89

What are the type of servers? Difference between Web Server and Application Server?

Hi Friends..

Please tell me first Type of server and what is difference between web server & application Server??

Thank you.

12th June 2012, 05:49 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Default Re: What are the type of servers? Difference between Web Server and Application Server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatul89 View Post
Hi Friends..

Please tell me first Type of server and what is difference between web server & application Server??

Thank you.
SERVERS

Server is a dedicated computer that is specially designated to respond to the user request .

if the server found that user is requesting something , it will respond with the responded resource, other wise it will say " resource can'nt be found "

TYPES OF SERVERS

1. web server - web server provide static contents

2. application server - collect data from multiple sources

3. database server - manages the database in management system and allow user to fire different queries

4. audio/ video server - provides multiple capabilities to websites

5. chat server - helps to exchange data

6. ftp server - it allows to transfer files between computers

7. mail server - transfer and stores mails in a corporate network

8. news server - serve as a medium for distributing and delivering public news

9. proxy server - act as an mediator between client server and a external server

10. telnet server - help user to log on host computer.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WEB AND APPLICATION SERVER

> A web server serve pages for viewing in a web browser while an application server can provide methods that client application can call.

> a web server exclusively handles http requests whereas an application server serves business logic to application program through any numbers of protocols.
16th March 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the type of servers? Difference between Web Server and Application Server?

i am sumit gautam persuing B.E. (I.T.) from S.R.I.T.S. DATIA (M.P.),i want to make my career in server feild but i have no idea how can i do this if there is any course which full fill the server requierments .
i here about CCNA.Is it usefull for the server field.
I would appreciate you to guide me on this context.
my email add:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?