8th June 2012, 09:03 PM
sim1984

When will I get the forms for the entrance exam of M.Phil in Mathematics of Pune University? Syllabus for the same?

Date of Entrance Exam for M.Phil in Mathematics of Pune University? When will I get forms for the Entrance Exam? What syllabus to prepare for this Exam?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the syllabus for Ph.D entrance exam? I have done M.Phil in Mathematics
  2. How should I join MSc Mathematics?
  3. When does Pune University conducts Pre Ph.D exam? -- [New]
  4. Colleges or universities offering M.Phil in Mathematics in Hyderabad?
  5. When the notification of Pune University M.Sc(Mathematics) entrance exam will be released? Total number of seats for M.Sc(Mathematics) in Pune University?
  6. Registration procedure of Ph.D(Chemistry) program in Pune University? Detailed information, syllabus and date of Ph.D entrance exam?
  7. Date of Entrance Exam for M.Phil in Chemistry of Pune University? When will I get forms for the Entrance Exam? What syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  8. Model question papers for M.Phil entrance exam for Maths in Pune University
  9. How to do MSc Maths after completing BSc computer science?
  10. Syllabus for the entrance of Pune University for MSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the procedure for M.Phil an Ph.D exam in Mathematics from University of Rajasthan
  12. Information about M.Phil Environmental Science course? Fee structure of the course?
  13. How to apply for M.Phil and Ph.D exam in Mathematics
  14. How can I apply for M.phil and Ph.D examination in Mathematics from University of Rajasthan? What is the syllabus?
  15. Details of M.Phil/Ph.D in mathematics in AP universities? Any universities in AP where I can get without answering any entrance test?
  16. Date of Entrance Exam for BBA course of Pune University? What syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  17. When the online forms will be available for MSc? What is the criteria and the syllabus? I want to take admission in Pune University for MSc
  18. Biochemistry Mphil Entrance Exam books
25th September 2018, 01:03 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: When will I get the forms for the entrance exam of M.Phil in Mathematics of Pune University? Syllabus for the same?

Savitribai Phule Pune University invites applications for the admission to M.Phil in various discipline. After your master's with Mathematics as a main subject, You can apply for the admission to M.Phil (Mathematics) to Pune University. Admission will be offered based on entrance exam conducted by Pune University. Candidates qualified in UGC-NET/SLET/GATE or teacher fellowship holders will be exempted from entrance test.

Eligibility
- You must have passed master's with Mathematics as a main subject with at least 55% from a recognized university.
- You need to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission to M.Phil (Mathematics)

Tentative Dates of Application
- Filling Online Application : July, 2019
- Last Date of Filling Application : August/Sept, 2019
- M.Phil Entrance Test : September, 2019
- Result Declaration : September, 2019

M.Phil Entrance Exam Pattern
- Number of Questions : 100
- Maximum Marks : 100
- Exam Duration : 2 Hours
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 Mark. No negative marking for any incorrect answer.

Syllabus

Research Methodology (50 Marks)
- Fundamental of Mathematics
- Reasoning, Deductive Arguments, Venn Diagram, Rusell's Paradox
- Cardinality
- Sequence and Series of Numbers
- Solutions - Algebraic Equations, Simultaneous Linear Equations, Trigonometric/Exponential Functions, Matrix Algebra and Determinants

Subject Specific (Mathematics) : 50 Marks
- Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Calculus of Several Variables
- Combinatorics

Application Procedure
- Visit the official website : www.app1.unipune.ac.in
- Click on "Apply Online".
- Mark the box "I have read the instructions and understood them" and Click on "Create Account For M.Phil Entrance Exam".
- Fill the details Username, Password, Email ID while creating account.
- Login and Fill the application form of entrance exam.
- Upload scanned documents as per instructions.
- Make a fee payment of application fee.
- Submit your application and Take a print of application for future reference.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?