23rd August 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

When will the iSEET exam be held? I want to pursue engineering course

When will the iseet exam held ?? I want to pursue engineering course as my career . Can you plzz suggest me that which exams i should give ? Currently i am studying in class 12 .

24th August 2012, 08:35 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will the iSEET exam be held? I want to pursue engineering course

ISEET stands from Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. This is a proposed entrance exam for the admission in IITs and NITs by the HRD Ministry of India. This exam is going to replace two major entrance exams in India.

IIT-JEE

AIEEE

Instead of these two exams, a common entrance exam would take place. ISEET is all set to replace the IIT-JEE and AIEEE entrance exams from next year. Although some IITs initially objected to the idea of ISEET but later came on board.

The information about the ISEET exam is still sketchy since HRD Ministry is giving final finishing touch to the entrance exam. What we know so far is that it would cover only the technical institutes that are funded by the Central government.

It would not apply to the entrance exams conducted by each state separately. However HRD Ministry is pushing for the case of ISEET in the states as well. Some states like Gujarat have shown interest but on the other hand states like Uttar Pradesh and not ready to accept ISEET.

Therefore for the yea 2013, the ISEET exam would only cover NITs and IITs. The list of institutes which are going to accept the ISEET exam is given at the end of the answer.

Eligibility

What we know for sure about the eligibility criteria is based on the statement made by HRD Minister Kapil Sibal.

1. You need to pass 12th standard with PCM as the subjects from a recognised board in India.

2. You need at least 40 percent marks in 12th board.

Exam Pattern:

There would be 2 papers in the ISEET exam. Both of these papers would take place on the same day.

ISEET Main:

The first paper would be ISEET Main. The duration of the exam would be 3 hours.

Reading Comprehension & Critical Thinking

Logical Reasoning

ISEET Advance:

The second paper which would be ISEET Advance would also have duration of 3 hours. The area this exam would test are:

Problem Solving Ability in Basic Science Subjects

Selection Process

The selection process of ISEET is different from the AIEEE or IIT-JEE. Apart from how you do in the ISEET exam, your performance in 12th board would also be considered. The ISEET Main and ISEET Advance Exam would have 30 percent weightage each while the remaining 40 percent weightage would be of 12th board performance.

ISEET Dates:

So far the dates have not been released by the HRD Ministry. However it is expected that the ISEET exam would take place in April or May 2013.

Institutes Acception ISEET 2013

IIT Kharagpur

IIT Bombay

IIT Madras

IIT Kanpur

IIT Delhi

IIT Guwahati

IIT Roorkee

IIT Ropar

IIT Bhubaneswar

IIT Hyderabad

IIT Gandhinagar

IIT Patna

IIT Rajasthan

IIT Mandi

IIT Indore

IIT (BHU) Varanasi

Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology

Malaviya National Institute of Technology

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology

Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology

National Institute of Technology - Yupia/NITDGP

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology

S V National Institute of Technology - Surat

National Institute of Technology - Warangal

National Institute of Technology - Tiruchirappalli

National Institute of Technology - Srinagar

National Institute of Technology - Silchar

National Institute of Technology - Rourkela

National Institute of Technology - Raipur

National Institute of Technology - Karaikal/NITT

National Institute of Technology - Patna

National Institute of Technology - Kurukshetra

National Institute of Technology - Jamshedpur

National Institute of Technology - Hamirpur

National Institute of Technology - Durgapur

National Institute of Technology - Calicut

National Institute of Technology - Agartala
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?