25th October 2017, 09:56 PM
Vidhya.v.r

Whether can I do M.Ed course through distance education in IGNOU?

Sir/Mam, Please let me know is IGNOU providing M.Ed course currently? Is any other universities are providing with M.Ed through distance education? Can someone please guide me to the answer on this as soon as possible. Thank you!

27th October 2017, 06:40 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether can I do M.Ed course through distance education in IGNOU?

No, according to the guidelines of UGC, a graduation course which contains at least 40% of its part as practical, cannot be done through the distance learning.

MEd or for that matter any course related to education is something whose syllabus contain a vital part as practicals.

So, you cannot pursue MEd through this mode.

If any university claims this, then do not trust them. You will just waste your money and time and all will go in vain.
28th October 2017, 01:57 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether can I do M.Ed course through distance education in IGNOU?

If you want to do M.ED (Master of Education) in IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), then you must have done B.ED (Bachelors of Education) from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained. Here below are details regarding M.ED course:-

Specializations in M.ED Course:-

Educational technology.

Educational management.

Women studies.

Language education.

Teacher education.

Special education.

Environmental education

- Duration of M.ED course is 2 years.

- For more details please visit www.ignou.ac.in.

Other Institutes Offer M.ED Course:-
[*] Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
[*] Anand Institute of Management, Bhopal
[*] Gujarat Vidyapeeth, Ahmedabad
[*] Bangalore University, Bangalore
[*] Panjab University, Chandigarh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?