19th July 2016, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Whether I am ineligible to apply for ICAI course being an 11th Commerce student?

Respecred Sir/Madam,
Is it compulsory for a student that they must have to complete Graduation for joining ICAI course? If I am in 11th class with Commerce stream then I am ineligible to join ICAI course? Please inform me about this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
20th July 2016, 02:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I am ineligible to apply for ICAI course being an 11th Commerce student?

ICAI stands for Institute of Chartered Accountancy of India. In order to become Chartered Accountant, you will have to apply and pursue different levels of Chartered Accountancy course. Candidates who has done 10th can register for Common Proficiency Test but can appear for this examination only after 10+2 board exams.

The entrance examination CPT is conducted by ICAI twice every year in June and December. It is an objective test and consists of questions from Fundamentals of Accountancy, Economics, Mercantile law and Aptitude. At present, you can register for this examination and once you appear for board exams of 12th, you can apply for CPT examination at http://www.icai.org.
21st July 2016, 01:15 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I am ineligible to apply for ICAI course being an 11th Commerce student?

ICAI is Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is governing body for Chartered Accountancy course.

Eligibility criteria for Common Proficiency Test:

1. You can not apply for CPT examination while pursuing standard 11th. The minimum qualification for this test is 12th board passed or appearing. You can apply for this test next year.

2. You must score 30% in each section of this test and 50% aggregate to clear this test.

Official website: http://www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?