28th December 2012, 09:23 PM
lakshana.v

Will GATE score help me to get into IAS?

will the GATE score help to IAS? please give me the details for the same

4th January 2013, 03:17 AM
thriller.singh

Smile Re: Will GATE score help me to get into IAS?

hi,

GATE score card is accepted for admission in M.Tech courses in various IIT's and NITs. the gate score card is also used by many PSUs to short list the candidates for interview, for eg IOCL, HPCL, NTPC etc.

but GATE score card plays no role in selection of IAS.

best of luck.
26th July 2013, 01:37 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will GATE score help me to get into IAS?

GATE score has nothing to do with IAS selection. It is meant for admission to M.Tech. Selection to IAS is made through UPSC conducted written test and interview. Medical test are also conducted as part of selection. Further details can be collected from UPSC portl.
26th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshana.v View Post
will the GATE score help to IAS? please give me the details for the same

Dear Aspirant,

There is No any Relation between the GATE Score and IAS Exam.....

♦> GATE is stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering which is conducted for taking admission in the Master study in the field of Engineering branch that is M.E (Master of Engineering)/M.Tech (Master of Technology) only......

♦> If a candidate have complete their B.E/B.Tech and want to join the Master course in the same branch of their Bachelor then they can apply for it......

================================================== ============

♦> And IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service. This exam is conducted for those candidate who are aspiring to become an IAS Office or Governor.....

♦> This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once a year under the Civil Service Examination......

♦> If you want to become an IAS Officer then you should have to go for Civil Service Examination and have to crack it with good score There is No any help which lead you by GATE Score ......

♦> A candidate after completing their Graduation Degree from any branch can apply for this examination a candidate of Final year can also apply for the same.....

♦> Age of candidate should be 21 to 30 years. Relaxation is Provided for Reserved category student.....

HOPE my Answer Clear your Doubt.....!!!

All the best

With Regards.
DHARM
20th September 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, I just start civils preparation and can u suggest any subjects for fresh candidates and tell about the strategic preparation.
20th September 2013, 11:59 PM
dj92
Junior Member+

hi friend.

It is sorry to say but you cant use gate score for IAS due to following reasons.

1)Gate score is used to take admission in m.tech in IITs and NITs.
2)Gate score card is also used to take jobs in PSU companies.

For IAS you have to appear for the exam conducted by upsc.

For more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in

Goodluck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?