4th October 2015, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Is 12th enough to appear in Indian Police Service examination?

I am 12th qualified. I want to appear in Indian Police Service examination. So i want to know if 12th enough for appearing in the examination?

4th October 2015, 08:53 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 12th enough to appear in Indian Police Service examination?

-> No 12th is not enough to appear in Indian Police Service examination.

-> Candidates must have a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

-> Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

-> Candidates must have 21 years completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

-> Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

-> If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
4th October 2015, 10:48 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts CSE (Civil Service Exam) every year for the recruitment of IAS, IFS, IPS and various other posts.

**I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for this exam as the minimum eligibility for this exam is that student must possess a graduation degree which you do not follow.

**So in my opinion you have to firstly complete your graduation degree if you want to appear in the Indian Police Service examination.

**Mode Of exam: The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of pre, mains and then interview.

**If you want to know more about the exam you can go through the detailed advertisement which I am providing to you.

**Below are the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 5 views)
4th October 2015, 11:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th qualified. I want to appear in Indian Police Service examination. So i want to know if 12th enough for appearing in the examination?
No, 12th standard is not enough to appear in Indian Police Service examination.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For OBC category:- 5 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
4th October 2015, 11:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for the Civil services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So 10+2 qualification is not enough for appearing for this exam.
5th October 2015, 01:21 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With 12th standard qualification you are ineligible to apply for the IPS entrance exam. You need to complete Graduation to be eligible for IPS exam. To become an IPS Officer you have to appear in the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

IPS Eligibility Criteria:

- You should have a bachelor degree in any stream from any recognized university and final year students also eligible for this examination.

- There is no percentage required for this examination

- Your age should between 21 years to 30 years for General candidates and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category students.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?