12th July 2016, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for public sector jobs after completion of B.Tech from Open University?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my b tech from Karnataka state open university distance learning in electronic and telecommunication ,i have 9 year working experience as a technician in defense , is there public sector job for me. Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Government Sector Jobs after completing B.Tech from Karnataka State Open University through Distance learning?
  2. What are the various job options available in government sector after completion of B.Tech course?
  3. Which all private sector jobs am I eligible to apply after completion of B.E Mechanical engineering?
  4. Can I apply for SSC CGL, IAS, PCS, CDS and other government sector companies with a B.Tech degree with ECE?
  5. What type of jobs available in private and public sector after completion of diploma in DECE?
  6. Which type of job can I get after passing B.Tech in electrical and telecommunication engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion of SSC in NIOS board?
  8. What career I can take up after completion of B.Com course?
  9. Is BTech.(IT) equivalent to B.Tech. (CS)? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  11. Which government sector jobs in research field i can get after B.Tech (ECE) completion?
  12. After scoring 60.20% in B.E can I get a government job?
  13. What type of job can I receive after passing electronics engineering degree course?
  14. What is the scope for girls in BSc Agriculture?
  15. How can I apply for government jobs after B.Tech IT?
  16. Will backlogs be any problem for me to get jobs in private and public sector? Which coaching should I join for Public Sector jobs?
  17. What is the minimum percentage required to get admitted in B.com 1st year?
  18. What are the possibilities of getting private and public sector bank jobs after completion of 12th standard?
12th July 2016, 10:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for public sector jobs after completion of B.Tech from Open University?

The degree obtained from Karnataka State Open University is valid for applying for government job entrance examinations.

Your bachelor of technology in Electronics and Communication is valid and you can apply for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings. But for Public Sector Undertaking jobs, being GATE qualified is necessary.

The upper age limit for getting jobs in various PSUs differs and you must check the upper age limit before applying for any PSUs in which you are interested.
13th July 2016, 04:53 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for public sector jobs after completion of B.Tech from Open University?

The Karnataka state open university has been approved by UGC so any candidate completing degree from there can apply for jobs. As you mentioned that you have 9 years of experience, in government sectors there are age stipulation. A general category candidate can apply from then age of 21 years to 30 years. Reserved category candidates get age relaxation. Below I have attached few government exams details which will help you to understand.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Advt - Centre For Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM) DRDO.pdf(186.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf IBPS CWE_PO_V_Detailed_Advt.pdf(228.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf IBPS CWE Clerk Avt.pdf(257.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf SSC CGL Advt 2016.pdf(261.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf CWE_RRB_IV_Advt.pdf(309.7 KB, 6 views)
13th July 2016, 06:04 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for GATE entrance examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for recruitment in jobs in public sector.

So, you can appear for examination but you have to work hard from now to qualify in examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed b.tech course from any recognised university.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and the syllabus for examination is mainly from 3rd and 4th year of course. So, you need to prepare for examination from now to qualify in examination.

There are also questions from Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude. So, you need to work on these topics also to qualify in examination.
13th July 2016, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There are many technical job in government which will specifically ask for AICTE approved engineering degree from a regular college. On the basis of distance mode B.Tech you can't get engineering jobs in government.

You can surely apply for other jobs which are not related to engineering if you have degree from a recognized open university.
13th July 2016, 08:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my b tech from Karnataka state open university distance learning in electronic and telecommunication ,i have 9 year working experience as a technician in defense , is there public sector job for me. Awaiting for the response.
You have completed B.Tech degree from KSOU, So you are eligible for Private Sector jobs.

You can apply for GATE exam. If you are qualify in GATE exam, then you can apply for PSU companies.

I have attached a document for UGC approval for KSOU, So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KSOU UGC APPROVAL.pdf(84.0 KB, 4 views)
13th July 2016, 10:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Open university candidates are eligible for jobs in Public Sector Undertakings but you have mentioned here that you have nine years working experience then you must be over age for joining any Public Sector Undertakings.

*However, the age limit varies from PSUs to PSUs. You can check age limit of your desired PSUs. Karnataka State Open university is a recognized university for distance courses and its Bachelor of Technology is valid for government and public sector undertakings jobs.

*GATE is an essential criteria for joining any PSUs. Most of the top PSUs recruit only GATE qualified candidates after group discussion and personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?