28th December 2014, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Army with 159 cms Height, having secured 56% in 10th being a 17 years old student?

Respected Sir,

Sir my name is Sunil and i had scroe 56% in 10th Standard and i want to join indian army and my age is 17 and my hight is 159cm can i elegiable for indian army please reply me as soon as possiable thank you

28th December 2014, 07:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with 159 cms Height, having secured 56% in 10th being a 17 years old student?

No, you are not eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard. To join in Indian Army, you need to appear in NDA entrance examination which requires the minimum educational qualification of 12th standard or equivalent form a recognised board.

Eligibility Criteria :-
To join in Indian Army, you must have to appear in NDA examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Phyiscally and Mentally fit.

6. The minimum height required to join in Indian Army is 152 Centimeters.

Since, you have not completed 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. After completion of 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board, you can appear in NDA examination and you are eligible to join in Indian Army with 159 Centimeters height by qualifying written test and personal interview rounds.
28th December 2014, 11:39 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with 159 cms Height, having secured 56% in 10th being a 17 years old student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,

Sir my name is Sunil and i had scroe 56% in 10th Standard and i want to join indian army and my age is 17 and my hight is 159cm can i elegiable for indian army please reply me as soon as possiable thank you
Nice to see your interest to join in Indian Army after passing 10th standard. But sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for Indian Army after completing 10th standard.

If you are interested to join in Indian Army, then you have to complete at least 12th standard. After completing 12th standard, you can join in Indian army through National Defence Academy which is conducted by UPSC every twice in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for NDA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:

For Indian Army:

-Candidates should be 12th passed in any stream from recognized central/state board of education.
-Candidates age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
-Candidates should be Unmarried, Male & citizen of India.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
31st March 2016, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Can a girl student passed in class 12th with arts stream and she is154 centimeters tall , join Indian army
29th July 2017, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Can also female join NDA in Indian army? Having height of 165cm. 53 kg weight . Are women's allowed at Borders with this height and weight ? if please tell entrance details.
29th June 2019, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir, am I eligible to join indian army with 159 cm height with graduation degree 47 kg weight for women . Please reply sir.
3rd September 2019, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am 16 years old and i pursue 10 th class in 2018 can i join Indian army ? sir please reply as soon as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?