30th July 2016, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech in Civil Engineering student eligible to write Indian Foreign Service exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?

Hello sir, I am studying final year of B.Tech Civil Engineering from NIT, Patna. My ambition is to be an Indian Foreign Services officer. Am I eligible to write this exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an IFS officer? I am studying in civil engineering diploma course
  2. Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?
  3. Am I eligible for Indian foreign Service exams after being detained due to health problems? -- [New]
  4. What is the full form of IFS exam? Which post will i get after clearing UPSC IFS exam?
  5. Can a CA student write Indian Foreign Services exam? Which subject is better for Indian Foreign Services exam?
  6. What is the full form of IFS? Its Indian Forest Service or Indian Foreign Service? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Job profile of Indian foreign service man? Syllabus of IFS and subjects should be taken for the exam? Working as Indian ambassador in foreign country after cracking IFS exam?
  8. How to become Indian foreign service officer? Qualification and criteria for IFS exam?
  9. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  10. Eligibility criteria for appearing for Indian Foreign Service examination? Can girls appear for IFS exam?
  11. Whether a B.Com General candidate is eligible for Indian Foreigner Service?
  12. How can I prepare to qualify in Indian Foreign Service exam?
  13. Eligibility for Indian Foreign Service 2015 exam entrance of UPSC?
  14. Am I eligible for IFS 2015 examination if done M.Sc in Forestry?
  15. Indian Foreign Service exam papers with answers
  16. Is it possible to write the Civil Service exam in Malayalam?
  17. Can I start IFS coaching right from class XI? For how long should I do IFS coaching?
  18. What is the job of Indian Foreign Service Officer? What is the syllabus and which are the scoring subjects?
31st July 2016, 03:56 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is B.Tech in Civil Engineering student eligible to write Indian Foreign Service exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?

The posts of IFS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

Seats in the various services vary every year.

The average number of seats in the IFS is 100-120 per year.
31st July 2016, 06:00 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech in Civil Engineering student eligible to write Indian Foreign Service exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?

Yes, you can appear for examination next year as the application form for the 2016 examination is over.

The examination is conducted by UPSC as Civil Services examination and the eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university in any discipline. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years along with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination there is no fixed confirmation about number of seats for I.F.S as it varies according to total number of vacancies every year. For more updates visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 06:16 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying final year of B.Tech Civil Engineering from NIT, Patna. My ambition is to be an Indian Foreign Services officer. Am I eligible to write this exam? Seats available for IFS post in India?
Yes, a B.Tech in Civil Engineering student is eligible to write Civil Services Examinations (including the Indian Foreign Service). The maximum age limit for appearing the civil service examination is 32 years for general category candidates. The civil service examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The graduates in any discipline from a recognized university can appear for the civil service examination. The number of seats will differ every year; there are around 32 seats available for IFS. The UPSC website link is Click Here
31st July 2016, 07:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IFS is Indian Foreign Services. IFS comes under Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination.

2. The age limit for this examination is 21-32 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You are eligible for Civil Services examination after bachelor of technology in Civil Engineering. You can get number of posts for IFS when notification for 2017 will be declared.
31st July 2016, 07:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Foreign Service you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination. Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination after B.Tech.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with +3 and +5 relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

As, National Institute of Technology is one of the premier institute of India and recognised. So you can appear for examination.

The notification for next Civil Services examination will be released in February next year. So, you have to wait for it to get the number of vacancies for examination. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 07:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Indian Foreign Services:

*Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

*Age limit for Civil Services examination: 21-32 years. There is three years of upper age relaxation for OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You are studying in final year of bachelor of technology, you can apply for Civil Services examination that will be conducted in 2017. Notification will contain total number of vacancies.
31st July 2016, 08:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, B.Tech in Civil Engineering candidates are eligible for Indian Foreign Services exam.

Graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for Indian Foreign Service exam. Final year candidates can also apply for Indian Foreign Service exam.

Age criteria :-

Minimum Age = 21 years
Maximum Age = 32 years

Age relaxation :-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Vacancy for Indian Foreign Service in 2016 will be announced soon.
31st July 2016, 09:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates into different services like IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc. The academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates pursuing final year of graduation can also apply for Civil Services examination.

The minimum age limit to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years. Upper age limit for general category candidate is 32 years. You can apply for Civil Services examination in final year of bachelor of Technology.
31st July 2016, 10:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Foreign Service examination after the completion of your B.Tech course.

The minimum eligibility to appear for Civil Service examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree and age limit is 21-32 years.

The notification for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2017 will be released on 22nd February. There is no fixed number of seats for each of service. So, you now need to only prepare for examination to fulfill your ambition of becoming a Foreign Service officer.

The examination syllabus and its notification will be available at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 11:07 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write Indian Foreign Service Examination being a Civil Engineering (B.Tech) candidate.

Eligibility Criteria required to write Indian Foreign Service Exam:

>> Candidates must have passed Graduation from a recognized university or institute to write Indian Foreign Service Exam.

>> B.Tech is a Graduate degree, so you are eligible to appear in Indian Foreign Service Exam.

>> IFS seats are not pre-declared so will have to wait for the notification, selection and final appointment to be done.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?