29th June 2016, 12:28 AM
Sheela a m

Can I get age relaxation to appear in Civil Service exams being a 35 years old married woman and belong to Lingayat?

Hi,
I am a married woman and my husband income is Rs. 10 Lacs per annum. He is working in private sector and both of us are Lingayats. My father is working in Government sector Class-C and his income is less than Rs. 6 Lacs per annum. So now can I get age relaxation to appear in Civil Services exams as I am 35 years of age?

30th June 2016, 07:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get age relaxation to appear in Civil Service exams being a 35 years old married woman and belong to Lingayat?

Being belonging to Lingayat category which lies under OBC category in both Central list and Karnataka list you are eligible for upper age limit relaxation of 3 years.

Civil Services examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Class I officer in administrative world.

For appearing in the same examination, the general age criteria is 21 years to 32 years as on 1st August of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examinatiom Also there is provision of upper age limit relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for physically handicapped candidates.

So being 35 years old OBC candidate you are eligible if you turn 35 after 1st August 2016 and if you have already applied for Civil Services examination 2016 as application for the same has passed and by the next year you will be over 35 years old.

For more details about the same examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2016, 10:14 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get age relaxation to appear in Civil Service exams being a 35 years old married woman and belong to Lingayat?

Lingayat comes under OBC as per government rules and norms. As per that criteria you are not eligible for civil services. Usually for Civil's (IAS/IPS ) the age should be in between these limits.

Minimum Age : 21 years

Maximum Age : 30 years.

As per government norms there is no relaxation for general candidates and for OBC candidates --- 3 years

For SC/ST candidates --- 5 years.
30th June 2016, 11:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Services examination is as below:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for UPSC Civil Services examination.

>>The age limit for candidates are:

1. General candidate: 21-32 years.

2. OBC candidate: 21-35 years.

3. SC/ST candidate: 21-37 years.

Lingayat category belongs to OBC category. Your age is 35 years and after that you will not be able to get any more age relaxation. As you have attained the age of 35 years, there is no chance for you to get more age relaxation, you will not be eligible for Civil Services exam next year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?