18th November 2014, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Customs Officer job at Chennai Airport?

My name is vignesh.k completed b.e degree,i want to know to get customs officer job in chennai airport?
Please reply to my mail as soon as possible [email protected]

9th December 2014, 06:58 PM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Customs Officer job at Chennai Airport?

To become an Airport Customs Officer you need to appear in CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test. This test can be taken as a screening test to Civil Services Main Examination. Airport Customs Officer post comes under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility Requirement:
-Graduation in any stream from a recognized educational institution is the basic qualification required to attend the exam.
-You must have secured a minimum 55% marks in any degree programme.
-You must have completed the bachelor degree from any recognized university.
-Your age should not more than 30 years.

Your posting will be handled by Indian Customs and Central Excise Service (IC&CES). So after getting selected you have to write an application to get posted in Chennai Airport as a Customs Officer.

As a Customs officer your work is to stop prohibited items from entering or leaving the country, and collect a range of taxes and duties. So you need to have good judgment skills and be honest in applying rules.
22nd January 2021, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Customs Officer job at Chennai Airport?

For custom officer how to apply the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?