24th March 2015, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

How can I get job in IOCL, ONGC or HPCL after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Sir,
I really want to work in Government sector
specially in PSUs. I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Kindly tell me what I have to do for enter
in PSU specially in IOCL, HPCL or ONGC?

29th March 2015, 02:29 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get job in IOCL, ONGC or HPCL after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Definitely you can join these top level Public Sector Companies of Government of India in which seven companies are rated as Maharatna Company of India and you have chosen a very good field to build up your career because there are so many growth opportunities in future with huge pay scale that is why you should not drop your idea of getting job in these public sector companies and keep focus towards the jobs and recruitment in these sectors.

First of all I would like to let you know that these Maharatna and Navratna Companies recruits Graduate Trainee/ Executive Trainee/ Engineering Trainee/ Engineering Assistant/ Assistant Engineer for various streams such as - Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, IT, Chemical, Computer, Petroleum, Automobile, E & T, Telecom and Electronics so that you are eligible to apply for these exams.

You must have secured minimum 65% marks in graduate in aggregate in all four years of degree then only you will be considered eligible to apply for these exams.

These companies select candidates finally for the job on the basis of scores secured in GATE Entrance Test conducted every year so that you are required to start preparation for GATE examination first and appear for this exam and if you secure good marks in GATE test then you will be called for interview process and if everything goes fine in written and interview test then you will be selected.

Your Subject knowledge must be better then companies may select you for the job means material and basic knowledge of the subject to get the job is important.
30th March 2015, 08:19 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get job in IOCL, ONGC or HPCL after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

To get a job in PSU's you should have to write GATE Examination.Some times there is No requirement of GATE score.So it depends on the Number of vacancies of any PSU. Besides this you must have minimum percentage of marks in B.Tech.

1.You should have complete the graduation with minimum 60% of marks from the recognized University.

2.You should have a Good GATE Score .

3.Maximum Age limit for the General Category is 28 years and reservation is been allowed.
30th March 2015, 10:58 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I really want to work in Government sector
specially in PSUs. I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
Kindly tell me what I have to do for enter
in PSU specially in IOCL, HPCL or ONGC?
Working in the government sector especially in PSU is dream and reputed job for the aspirant having B.Tech degree.
As the limited no of seats availabilty the competition is very high for this selection.
I would like to clear that there is no xANY PROVISION FOR DIRECT REQRUITMENT.

for getting into Psu for mechanical engineer one should have to clearGATE exam which is conducted every year with very high marks or ranks.

There is individuall cut off rank for the PSU IOCL,HPCL,ONGC on the basis of Gate score so one should have to get very good ranks and score to assure his/her selection.
8th April 2015, 05:04 PM
Ashwakh

There are Two ways to get a job in Hpcl or Ongc or Iocl.

First way is to get a Good rank in Gate exam . If you get Good rank in Gate exam , then you are eligible for the Interview in these companies . You no need to appear for the Entrance exam to get qualify for the Interview .

Second way is to apply for different posts in these companies , when there are vacancies.
Note that , to apply for a post in these compaies , you shouldhave secured morethan 65% in B.tech , if you belong to either General or OBC Category .
If you belong to SC or St category , then 60% is enough .

Selection process includes 2 stages.
1) Entrance exam
2) Interview
24th May 2017, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed B.Tech (Instrumentation) with score 5.97 and I am belong to SC category in Maharashtra Can I gate a job in ONGC ,
20th June 2018, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering. Sir i want to get job in reputed company like as -GAIL BHEL NTPC IOCL and many more. Sir please tell me can i get the job in these company. if yes send me on my mail given below:-
[email protected]
12th July 2018, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am studying B.Tech 4h year in CSE department, my cgpa is 73%. I want to get a job in ONGC very badly, is GATE exam he only way to secure that job? or are there any other exams through which i can get it?
28th January 2019, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Can mechatronics engineer which is a combination of mechanical, electronics and computer science can join PSU'S like ongc,iocl?
18th June 2019, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for jobs in IOCL, BPCL, HPCL or ONGC after completion of B.Tech in Computer Science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?