14th February 2017, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

How much time is required to crack civil services exam?

I have completed B.Com in the year of 2015. Before ever I didn't prepare for any government exam, but now I have interest in civil. So, please guide me how I should prepare and if I start preparation now, how long it will take to become Police or to pass civil exam successful.

14th February 2017, 11:09 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much time is required to crack civil services exam?

Actually it is even tough to state you the exact time required to qualify in Civil Service examination than to qualify in examination.

As, it totally depends upon the smart, hard work and luck to qualify in examination. Some of the candidates qualify in the examination in their first attempt while some of them are unable to achieve the target / destination after giving all their attempts.

So, if you have interest you must prepare for it as per syllabus of examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2017, 11:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically the time it takes to crack Civil Services Examination depends upon the strategy that you take up and the intelligence that you are with. Yes, dedicated and planned study reduce the time in order to crack this Civil Services Examination. As you are very much interested in cracking the Civil Services Examination, I suggest you to first get the help of best coaching institute. So that you will be dealt with the plan that you have to take up and the way you practice. You are required to solve as many model papers as you can in order to get good perfection. In general, it takes almost 2 to 3 years for an average candidate.
15th February 2017, 03:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is one of the toughest entrance examination of India where lacs of candidates appear for this exam for 1000 odd seats. Some candidates clear this exam in first attempt and some even take 3-4 attempts to clear this exam. It depends a lot upon your level of preparation, conceptual understanding and dedication towards your study.

How to start preparation:

>>First of all complete all NCERT books of social science subjects like Political science, History, Geography from standard 6th to standard 12th. Your should have good understanding of all subjects, no rote learning should be there.

>>After completion of these books, you can read standard books like Polity by Laxmikant, History by Bipan Chandra, Economy by Ramesh Singh etc. Revise whatever your read as much as possible.

>>After completion of these books, you can join test series of any good coaching institute and appear for different tests to assess your preparation. Always keep in mind that hard labour with determination and dedication is key to success in this exam.
15th February 2017, 06:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually it depends upon the determination of the students that how much time he or she can take to prepare him or herself for civil services moreover nowadays coaching and other benefits are given to students and they are easily prepare them self for civil services moreover personally I would like to suggest you that minimum 1 year duration is the time which you have to cover up holder syllabus. If you are interested you can join a coaching institute for right guidance and study material and now a days you have Internet facility so you can also make use of that. So start preparing yourself for civil services because at least time period of 6 months to 1 year is the sufficient time if you really want to crack this exam.
15th February 2017, 09:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you will take coaching then you can join coaching institute for six months or for 1 year and there are students who join it for more than 2 months. It depends on the student whether he or she is capable for completing the whole syllabus within 6 months or 2 years. Actually the time doesn't mean anything you should have right guidance and good material of study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?