3rd June 2022, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

If I am able to clear the Y group criteria and failed in X group then will I get shortlisted for Y group?

Good morning sir/mam. My query is that ....I had applied for both group x and Y. If I am able to clear the Y group criteria and failed in X group then will I get shortlisted for Y group ????

30th May 2023, 06:59 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: If I am able to clear the Y group criteria and failed in X group then will I get shortlisted for Y group?

Yes, you can get shortlisted for the Y group if you are able to clear the Y group criteria even if you fail in the X group.

The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts two separate exams for the recruitment of airmen: the Airman X Group exam and the Airman Y Group exam. The Airman X Group exam is for the recruitment of airmen in the technical trades, while the Airman Y Group exam is for the recruitment of airmen in the non-technical trades.

If you are able to clear the Y group criteria, you will be shortlisted for the Y group. You will not be considered for the X group even if you have cleared the X group criteria.

However, it is important to note that the IAF may not have any vacancies in the Y group at the time of your application. In this case, you will not be shortlisted for any group.

If you are interested in joining the IAF, I suggest you apply for both the Airman X Group exam and the Airman Y Group exam. This will increase your chances of being shortlisted for the IAF.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?