30th October 2017, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

List of graduation courses suitable for IAS exam

Hello, I'm a qualified 12th student in science. I want to be an IAS officer. Please tell me which graduation course should I do now. So that if I fail to crack the UPSC at least the degree should be job oriented?

30th October 2017, 09:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of graduation courses suitable for IAS exam

1. First thing you should know that candidates from all discipline of bachelor's degree are eligible for Civil Services exam. Streams do not hold any importance for this exam. You can choose any stream of choice.

2. Second thing that you have asked is that bachelor's degree should be job oriented. You should pursue B.Tech or if biology stream then MBBS, BDS course as these job oriented in future.

Even after general Bachelor's degree and master's degree, you can become eligible for NET exam for becoming Lecturer. You will have to crack competitive exam to get job in government sector.
30th October 2017, 10:16 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look there is no any particular stream required for IAS exam. You just need to prepare for IAS exam to crack exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC every year. You should focus only on your preparation.
To be eligible for IAS you just need a degree of graduation.
Percentage criteria required are- minimum 50%.
Age criteria are:- 21 years to 30 years.
30th October 2017, 11:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to become IAS can complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum passing marks. So you can complete graduation in any discipline in which you are interested either science, commerce or arts. Personally I would like to suggest you to complete your graduation in Arts stream because that would really help you to prepare yourself for the IAS examination in your college days also.
31st October 2017, 12:04 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific stream or subject required to appear for IAS examination. Candidates from any stream are eligible to apply for the examination. But, according to your query if you fail in UPSC, then you can opt for the following graduation courses which will lead to better job opportunities:

> B.Com

> B.Sc

> BCA

> BBA

> BBM

> LLB

> B.Tech

> B.Arch

> B.E etc.
31st October 2017, 12:12 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible for IAS recruitment examination, you are required to meet certain educational qualification. The basic educational qualification required is, Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. In order to become an IAS officer, you are required to appear in an entrance test called "Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)".

As any stream in Graduation is allowed, you can pursue any degree after completion of 12th Class with Science stream.

You may pursue any of the below mentioned courses in order to be eligible.

>> Bachelor of Engineering

>> Bachelor of Technology

>> Bachelor of Arts

>> Bachelor of Business Management

>> Bachelor of Business Administration

>> Bachelor of Science

>> Bachelor of Commerce ...etc.,
31st October 2017, 10:14 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in Civil Service examination. So, you are eligible to pursue bachelor degree in any specific course according to your interest.

If for any reason you do not qualify in Civil Service examination then there are available option in various government departments as Banking, Railway.

You can also select teaching as profession in government and private institutes and schools after B.Ed or master degree.

So, hope for good and prepare for Civil Service examination with determination, dedication and devotion. To get detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2017, 12:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer, you must have to complete your Graduation course in any discipline, there is no fixed stream required in Graduation to become an IAS officer.
You must have to appear in the Civil Services examination which is conducted by the UPSC.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the above mentioned examination. Candidates age must be in between 21 to 30 years.
31st October 2017, 05:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Candidates who have completed bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognized university are eligible to apply for IAS (Conducted under UPSC) exam.
Since you are from science stream, so I would suggest you to go for B.Tech (if studied PCM at 12th level) or opt for Medical courses because if somehow you fail to qualify in UPSC exam then there will be no problem in getting good job on the basis of you qualification.
2nd November 2017, 02:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I'm a qualified 12th student in science. I want to be an IAS officer. Please tell me which graduation course should I do now. So that if I fail to crack the UPSC at least the degree should be job oriented?
After completion of 12th standard in Arts, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
4th January 2020, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Is b tech in IT and cyber security course for 4 years eligible for writing upsc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?