25th August 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

What rank/marks in Civil Service Exam will guarantee me IPS seat?

Hello everyone, I'm doing my graduation and I'm in my final year and preparing for Civil Service Exam. I want to know that what ranking or mark should I be securing to guarantee an IPS seat. Civil Service expert plz answer. Thanks.

27th August 2014, 07:59 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What rank/marks in Civil Service Exam will guarantee me IPS seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I'm doing my graduation and I'm in my final year and preparing for Civil Service Exam. I want to know that what ranking or mark should I be securing to guarantee an IPS seat. Civil Service expert plz answer. Thanks.

IPS is one of the Civil service exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year for candidate to join in as a IPS officer.There are qualification which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for apply for the exam and they are:

You need to have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard and the age limit which is needed is that the candidate should have 21-30 year of age and for other category candidates there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

The Cut Off mark required for several other category candidate are:

PRELIMS:
  • General -241
  • OBC -222
  • SC- 207
  • ST -201
  • PH-1 :199
  • Ph-2 :184
  • Ph-3: 163

MAIN:
  • General - 564
  • OBC - 534
  • SC- 518
  • ST - 510
  • PH-1 : 510
  • Ph-2 : 502
  • Ph-3: 410

FINAL:
  • General - 775
  • OBC - 742
  • SC- 719
  • ST - 707
  • PH-1 : 725
  • Ph-2 : 718
  • Ph-3: 613

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
31st August 2014, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What rank/marks in Civil Service Exam will guarantee me IPS seat?

Sir, i am a 2015 Civil Services Aspirant and i have completed Civil Engineering graduation in may 2014, i am currently willing to opt Civil Engineering as my optional subject , and hence i need previous papers of CSE mains Civil Engineering.In UPSC website i found only 2011 to 2014 and thus
1) i need all IAS Civil engineering previous papers from starting year of CSE exam.
Also,
2)Could you please suggest me,the books available in market for previous papers solved answers in civil engineering
3)Am i correct in selecting my optional subject? if so why?
4)Also, please give suggestions and strategic applications to prepare for GENERAL STUDIES in Prelims and as well as in mains
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?