26th October 2014, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech equivalent to any other degree course? Can I compete in competitive exams?

B,Tech is equivalent to any degree course. Can I compete competition exams of civil services after b.tech if the said quote that is b.tech equivlent to b.tech?

28th October 2014, 07:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech equivalent to any other degree course? Can I compete in competitive exams?

Yes, B.Tech is equivalent to all other bachelor degree courses. The B.Tech course is of 4 years duration and candidates who have completed 4 years B.Tech course can obtain the graduation degree from a recognised university.

After completion of B.Tech course, you can definitely appear for the civil services examination. The civil services examination will be conducted by UPSC every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS officers in various government departments. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for civil services examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed graduation or an equivalent degree from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is applicable as per the government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?