27th April 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th Humanities with Mathematics?

Hello everyone,
I am studying Humanities in 12th.
But I am also studying Mathematics in
my Humanities. So, can I appear in JEE Main?
Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  2. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appear in 12th Supplementary exams of Mathematics and Chemistry?
  4. Should I reappear in 12th and JEE Main & Advance if didn't qualify in 12th PCM if interested to become IAS Officer?
  5. Am I eligible for JEE Main and Advance?
  6. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  7. Can I give JEE Main 2015 if I passed out in 2013?
  8. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  9. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to prepare for IIT entrance exam?
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  12. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  13. Can I appear in JEE Main and Advance again after reappearing in 12th Maths?
  14. JEE main ranking
  15. Can I get admission in any NIT if secured 58.88% in 12th, 55 marks in JEE Main and preparing for JEE Advance being SC candidate?
  16. Do i need to clear both the subjects in which i have got compartment? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  18. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
29th April 2015, 06:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th Humanities with Mathematics?

JEE Main is an All India level Engineering entrance examination which is conducted by IITs for admission to undergraduate courses like B.Tech, B.Arch, etc. in NITs and IITs and it also the qualifying examination to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. If you have studied all the three subjects i.e., Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects in your 12th standard, then, only you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
29th April 2015, 08:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th Humanities with Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I am studying Humanities in 12th.
But I am also studying Mathematics in
my Humanities. So, can I appear in JEE Main?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
30th April 2015, 09:05 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
JEE Mains and Advance are the national level entrance examination conducted by CBSE for admission in B.Tech,B.E,B.Arch....courses in 17 IIT and 30 NIT colleges across India.
Also, some state take admission to their colleges on the basic of JEE Mains rank provided on the basic of JEE Mains score and Boards score in 12th.

Students applying for JEE must holds Higher Secondary Degree in Physics,Chemistry ,Mathematics .
Also,the students appearung in 12th are eligible for applying in JEE.

So,you can not apply for JEE Mains as you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria.

If you have studied Physics,Chemistry ,Mathematics then only you will be eligible to apply for JEE Mains.
4th November 2016, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Can we go for jee main and advance exams without maths in 11th and 12 th
5th November 2016, 12:32 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

The JEE main exam is the All India Engineering Entrance Exam,where candidates compete with each other to take admission in IITs.
Eligibility to appear for this exam is to have Physics,Chemistry & Maths in 12th & should have completed from a valid board without fail. Since You have completed 12th without Maths can not apply.
15th March 2022, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

From class 12th humanities and jee coaching
can we appear for jee mains exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?