10th September 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for Officer Training Academy on the basis of my BHM qualification?

Hello, i am vikas.And my age is 26 years and my dob is 28-01-1987. My qualification is degree in BHM . I want to know if i can apply for OTA?

10th September 2015, 09:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for Officer Training Academy on the basis of my BHM qualification?

If you belong to General/ Unreserved category, then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for "Officer Training Academy" (OTA) cadre. There are many cadets available in Combined Defense Services conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Educational qualification required is given below,

>> For Officer Training Academy:

@ Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

Age Criteria:

Minimum age for "Officer's Training Academy" - 19 years

Maximum age for "Officer's Training Academy" - 25 years

As far as your educational qualification is concerned, you are basically eligible to apply for this OTA cadre but you are eligible to apply for this CDS exam only when you belong to any of the below categories namely SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen and PWD.
10th September 2015, 11:44 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can i apply for Officer Training Academy on the basis of my BHM qualification?

Yes, you may apply for the OTA through the CDSE.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
11th September 2015, 12:42 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, i am vikas.And my age is 26 years and my dob is 28-01-1987. My qualification is degree in BHM . I want to know if i can apply for OTA?
For the Officer Training Academy the aspirant has to write Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam. The last date of application form is August 2015 and the exam date is 1st November 2015. The exam will be conducted by UPSC so you have to apply online through the UPSC website only. For the OTA the eligibility is a degree from the recognized university. The age eligibility is between 19 to 25 years. So if your degree is from the recognized university then you can write the exam for OTA.
11th September 2015, 11:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As per your age criteria, you are not eligible for Officer Training Academy exam through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
25th November 2015, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I am 30 years old with B ed Mathematics, and I want to enrolled in the officer training academy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?