27th August 2019, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Marine Engineering) being a 12th Science student?

I am a student of 12th studying with Science. I don’t want to do normal Graduation, I want to do BTech(Marine Engineering) from Indian Maritime University Kolkata. I would like to know that I can do this BTech(Marine Engineering) course?

30th August 2019, 07:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Marine Engineering) being a 12th Science student?

If you have completed class 12th with PCM stream then surely you will be eligible for BTech (Marine Engineering) course. Just make sure you are well prepared for the entrance exam because admission will be on merit through counselling.

You can appear for IMU-CET is you are looking for admission at IMU Kolkata. You can get admission at the said place if you have an excellent rank in the entrance exam.
30th August 2019, 10:27 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study BTech in Marine Engineering after completing class 12th with Science. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed 10+2 from the science stream with minimum marks 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks in English. There would be relaxation of 5% in minimum marks for SC/ST category students.

Admission selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test which is conducted by the university. I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.imu.edu.in
30th August 2019, 11:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study B.Tech (Marine Engineering) being a 12th science student.

Eligibility criteria for BTech Marine Engineering course :-
The candidate should have passed 12th with Sciences stream( English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry) from a recognised board are eligible for this course .

A minimum of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry for all categories.

Diploma course candidates are not eligible.

Age limit is between 17 years to 20 years .

Candidates should have obtained 50% marks in English at 10th or 12th standard examination.

Admission to Marine Engineering courses is a India are generally done through several entrance examination conducted between the month of April and June.
31st August 2019, 12:12 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12th studying with Science. I don’t want to do normal Graduation, I want to do BTech(Marine Engineering) from Indian Maritime University Kolkata. I would like to know that I can do this BTech(Marine Engineering) course?

Eligibility to study the BTech (Marine Engineering) is given below:

>> Students who have passed Class XII examinations with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects with at least 60% marks

>> Students should be fit physically and mentally

>> They have to appear and qualify an entrance examination

If you fulfill the above criteria, then you are eligible to study the BTech (Marine Engineering) course after completion of 12th Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?