31st May 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Which field I should opt for in graduation to get selected as IAS officer?

I have done my class 12th by maths science stream and now i want to know that by which field should i do graduation for be an IAS officer easily? Can you please suggest me the course details as soon as possible? Thank you.

31st May 2015, 11:22 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field I should opt for in graduation to get selected as IAS officer?

Look its really depends on you what stream you are from and the subject needed for IAS is history,geography,economics,general knowledge and English. So, maximum are from arts background so you may opt for B.A.You can also opt for B.Com or B.Sc because if the basics are clear its hardly matters on what you are doing graduation.

So, if you are interested in science or commerce you can do your graduation in any subject and prepare for IAS separately or if you think you should stick to IAS related subject then better opt for B.A (english,history,geography) or B.Sc(economics).
31st May 2015, 11:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field I should opt for in graduation to get selected as IAS officer?

To become an IAS you will have to crack Civil Services examination held by Union public service commission once every year .

There is no need to be worried about the stream of your graduation for becoming an IAS as there is bound of a particular stream and no stream is easier or tougher .It just depends upon your interest and devotion about a particular stream .

If you are feeling good about the stream of your current then there is need to change the stream as change of stream might not work for you and you might get frustrated .Also the questions are generally asked from your personal stream of graduation so having the knowledge of same from early studies will work in your favour .

The qualifications required for appearing in the civil services examination are as following :-

* You must have the nationality of India .

* You must have done your graduation with any stream of choice from a recognized university .

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years .Also there is the provision of age relaxation for other categories .

* You must have be physically and mentally sound as per the service requirement .

The examination is conducted into three stages which are as Preliminary test , Mains , Personal interview all in order .

For more information regarding the pattern and notifications you must refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
31st May 2015, 11:56 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific field/subject to be studied in graduation to apply for IAS exams.
To become IAS officer you have to apply for IAS exams.

Candidate who have completed graduation from any recognised university in any stream can apply for Civil Service Exam.

You can choose any stream in graduation that feel easy to you, so that you can get sufficient time to prepare for it.

For more details about exam please visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for syllabus and examination pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 38 views)
1st June 2015, 12:15 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my class 12th by maths science stream and now i want to know that by which field should i do graduation for be an IAS officer easily? Can you please suggest me the course details as soon as possible? Thank you.
Any stream students are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam. So, I suggest you to select the specialization based on your own Interest. And don't change your specialization from science to Arts or Commerce because of IAS entrance exams. It may let into confusion in your career prospects Please, continue your studies in same stream itself. Those candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible.

Indian Administrative Service examination (IAS) conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in a year. Those candidates who are interested to become an IAS officer, then the candidate must appear and qualify in the Civil Service Commission.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree in any faculty from a recognized university.

Age Limit:
- The applicant age should be minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years and upper age relaxation will be applicable for those students who are belong to the reserved category.

(i) Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: upto a maximum of five years.
(ii) Other Backward Classes: upto a maximum of three years.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
1st June 2015, 12:57 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative service.
UPSC conducts examination of IAS.
Eligibility for applying to IAS are
-Candidate must be a citiizen of India.
-Candidate must be of age 21-30 years.
-Candidate must holds a graduation degree in any disciple from a recognized baord or university.

Also number of attempts are limited in IAS examination depending upon the category are
General-6
OBC-9
SC/ST- unlimited till they reach maximum age.

YOu should choose the subject according to your interest as the subject in graduation will asked in IAS examination.

So, it is necessary to choose the subject of choice in graduation to get success.
1st June 2015, 08:59 AM
mwh

Hi, friend
Now you have completed your 12th class in physics,maths.
You have to complete graduation in order to become an IAS.
You can opt graduation in an stream but you should be expert in it.
UPSC conducts IAS entrance exam every year.
The minimum eligibility for this exam is graduation and age limit between 21 to 30 years.
Selection process:
preliminary test
written exam
interview
for more information log in to www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2015, 01:24 PM
savneybillford

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Services) officer, you need to crack Civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year. There will be two parts. Civil services preliminary exam and civil services mains. If you clear preliminary then you will be admitted to write the mains.

The eligibility criteria for civil services exam is as follows.
•You must be a citizen of India.

•You must be within the age group of 21-32 years of age.

•You must have completed graduation in any discipline.

•Secured a minimum of 55% in your graduation.

•Maximum number of attempts by a candidate is limited to six (6).

So the criteria states that you just need to be graduated. There is no specific field you need to be in. Just the over all preparation for civil services is required. That you can gain by joining any coaching centre that gives training to crack the civil services exam. Since you have completed your 12th With science, I advice you to continue your graduation in science itself.
6th June 2015, 04:52 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

1.IAS stands for 'Indian Administrative Service'.

2.The eligibility criteria for becoming IAS Officer are as follows.

.Candidate must have completed his/her graduation in any field,
.Candidate age must be 21 years or above by the 31st decmember of that year,
.Candidate must be physically fit,
.Candidate must be the citizen of India.

3.If you are met with all the above specified requirements then it is sufficient fo your to give the IAS exam.

4.The group in your graduation will not effect your IAS exam in any way.

5.So now it is upto you that you can choose any group you like in your graduation course.

Hope this information is helpful toy you..................
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?