4th June 2021, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Graduate without honours can apply for Civil Service exam?

sir, i am studying in the 2nd year...can you please tell me if i can appear for the civil service exam if i am a graduate without an honors subject? my general subjects are mathematics and economics. i am under Calcutta university.

5th June 2021, 12:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Graduate without honours can apply for Civil Service exam?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

Candidates in the final year of bachelor degree can apply for the examination.

Honors is not mandatory to appear in the examination.
Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2021, 01:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the Civil Services Examination, the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their
degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of 2nd year student of a graduation degree course, you can appear in the Civil Services examination once you get into the final year of your degree course
as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned as it is not
mandatory to have pursued graduation degree in a honors subject to be eligible for
appearing in the same examination.

For more details and updates regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th June 2021, 10:45 PM
jeet2porwal

Yes, Graduate without honours can apply for Civil Service exam.

You must be graduate or final year student of any graduation course to be eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Your graduation can be with any specialization to be eligible for Civil Service Exam.

You must have passing certificate at the time of document verification.
6th June 2021, 12:36 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate with graduate without honors is eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination. The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The candidate's minimum age should be 21 years and the maximum age should not be more than 32 years as of 1st August of the year of examination.

I am also giving you the Civil Service Examination website link for your reference that is www.upsc.gov.in
7th June 2021, 04:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to obtain Honours graduation degree to appear for Indian Administrative Service. You can have BA, BCom, BSc, BCA, BBA in any stream to apply for the Indian Administrative Service.

The criteria for civil service examination is graduation degree. If you have completed graduation then feel free to apply for the Indian Administrative Service.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You should be citizen of India.
Bachelor degree in any stream.
There is no percentage criteria.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.
Up to 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

Selection Process:-

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview.
7th June 2021, 05:15 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No it is not at all necessary to be a graduate from an honors degree fro appearing in IAS. You can apply for the IAS even if you're having 33% marks. Because the eligibilty of being an IAS is that you should be a graduate in any stream form the recognized university of india.
7th June 2021, 05:16 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should not have completed graduation from any recognized university to be eligible for Civil Service Exam. It is not necessary that the candidate should have done graduation in any honors subject.

You can visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in for more information.
7th June 2021, 05:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No there is no need of an Honours degree for civil service exam.
You need only a degree in any discipline from a UGC recognised University. There is no such rule that you must have a Honours degree.
If you have the required age with degree then you will be definitely eligible for IAS examination.

Your age is between 21 to 30 years when you are applying for this exam. There will be age relaxation on the basis of category to which the candidate belongs.
SC / ST – 5 years age relaxation
OBC - 3 years age relaxation
PWD - 10 years age relaxation

Selection Procedure:-
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview

For more information visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st July 2022, 07:03 AM
Unregistered

I am BA poltical pass course student.can i applay upsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?