13th May 2015, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory for B.Com and B.Com hons in Delhi University?

Is math required for b.com and b.com hons in delhi university. I studied math in 12 but I want to drop math as I scored just passing marks in math in 12 class.

13th May 2015, 05:59 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory for B.Com and B.Com hons in Delhi University?

No you will not be able to drop maths as maths is compulsory for both B.Com and B.Com Hons courses.
You will have to study maths and there is no getting out of it.
As it will be a Hons Paper along with Economics in your 2nd Year.
So you will have to make sure that you take the subject seriously and you will have to prepare for the subject from an early spot as you have said that you are not that strong in the subject.
So make sure you start your preparation for the subject as soon as you can.
13th May 2015, 07:39 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

B.com i.e bachelor of commerce . During the graguation session,maths is one of the subject and accounts,finanacial,basic calculation is required. In day to day life maths is required either directly or indirectly. Maths calulation would be easy if one is aware of the formule. Its all about formulae,person had to know in which proble what formula has to implement.it also required lot of practice,second thing interest toward the subject. Do not get afraid of math.face it,practice the model paper,remember the formulae..nothing is impossible,impossible itself says i am possible
13th May 2015, 09:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is math required for b.com and b.com hons in delhi university. I studied math in 12 but I want to drop math as I scored just passing marks in math in 12 class.
No, Mathematics is not compulsory for admission in B.Com course in Delhi University.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from commerce stream with above 75% marks are eligible for B.Com course in Delhi University.

Your age should be above 17 years.
13th May 2015, 11:03 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mathematics subject is not mandatory for B.Com/B.Com Hons through Delhi university. However, the candidate who has studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard level can get first preference at the time of admission.

Those students who are aspiring to enroll in Delhi University Faculty of Commerce, need to complete 12th standard in any faculty with 50% of marks from a recognized university. The admissions in the course depends on marks secured in the entrance exam conducted by the Delhi University.

Official website - http://www.du.ac.in/
14th May 2015, 12:13 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you want to do B.com or B.com Hons with Economics, English or Commerce, then there is no requirement of mathematics.

To do B.com Hons with Mathematics or Stat, You should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics (50% marks).

Moreover the candidate must have secured the minimum marks as required at par cut-off of different courses and counselling procedure.

The admissions will not be made on the predicted scores.
30th May 2015, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir please don%u2019t make maths compulsory for bcom honours as many students have not opted maths as there subject in 2013 due to du guidelines that maths is not compulsory for bcom honours now suddenly it is said that it is complusory then,it would be difficult for many students and there parents to take admission in top colleges in srcc,hindu and many more as the%u2019ll be unable to get admission in these colleges ,please this is a humble request to you please don%u2019t follow this rule,it%u2019s about our future please if u want so make bcom course for 4 years but don%u2019t make maths compulsory please sir
30th May 2015, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my 12th in commerce stream( cbse)with95.6% but i was not having maths.as a subject .so can i do b.com honours in du
1st June 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th in commerce, but i did not take math. so can i do b.com honours in du
8th June 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

sir I have scored 93.4 in 12th standard and I have applied for b.com and b.com hons. in your prestigious university
actually my ques. is in 12th I was having maths n scored 50% but while filling form for university I mentioned my additional subject marks i.e, music
and not of maths
so m I eligible to apply for above mentioned courses
sir please reply me soon
I'll be really grateful to you..?
23rd June 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

What to study in maths for bcom honours entrance at national pg college ? Please describe the topics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?