29th January 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in graduation for CDS?

sir my name is akhilesh. I m study in B.com 3rd year.please give me information about percentage criteria for cds in graduation.

29th January 2014, 08:35 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Percentage required in graduation for CDS?

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. CDS I exam notification has been released and last date for receipt of application on 02 December 2013. The examination will be held on 9th February 2014.

Minimum Qualification to apply for the CDS Examination is that candidate should have a completed degree course or equivalent qualification of a recognized University. CDS examination is conducted for admission to the various defence department likes Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Officer Training Academy Examination.

Indian Military Academy :: Three year or four year graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. Age should between 19 years to 24 years and unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Indian Naval Academy :: B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics or B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. Age should between 19 years to 22 years and unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Air Force Academy :: Degree with Physics or Mathematics or B.E/B.Tech from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. Age should between 19 years to 23 years and unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Officer Training Academy :: Three year or four year graduate degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. Age should between 19 years to 25 years and unmarried male & female candidates are eligible to apply.

As per qualification, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army and OTA Examination. The exam notification will be publish in the month of May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper. Application forms are received only online modewww.upsc.gov.in and there is no offline mode. More details, Visit the official website :-
29th January 2014, 09:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir my name is akhilesh. I m study in B.com 3rd year.please give me information about percentage criteria for cds in graduation.
Hey friend,

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

To tell about this exam it is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year twice as CDS I and CDS II.This exam is conducted for candidates to join in defence forces of India such as:

-> Indian Military Academy

-> Indian Navy

-> Indian Air Force

-> Officer Training Academy

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the CDS Exam and the criteria's which are needed to be satisfied for applying for this exam are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education Qualification
  • Physical Standard

>> The Nationality standard for the exam states that the candidate should have a Citizenship in India.

>> The age limit needed for IMA is 19-24 years

>> For Indian Navy it is 19-22 years and for Indian Air force it is 19-23 years and for Officer Training Academy it is 19-25 years.

>> And to tell about the Education qualification which is needed for the exam it is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage in any stream to be eligible for joining in IMA or OTA.

>> To join in Indian Navy the candidate need to have completed a Degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

>> To join in Indian Air Force the candidate need to have completed a Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects with a fair percentage.

If you are going to satisfy all these criteria's for the exam then you can apply for the CDS Exam.

Selection Procedure:

>> Written Exam

>> Interview

For the Written Exam the subjects are:

English (Objective type) of 100 Marks, General Knowledge(Objective type) 100 Marks, Elementary Mathematics (Objective type) 100 Marks.

For Officers’ Training Academy the subjects are English (Objective type) 100 Marks, General Knowledge (Objective type) 100 Marks.

For the Interview the marks allotted are IMA, NA and AFA 300 marks
OTA 200 Marks.

ALL THE BEST
8th February 2014, 05:15 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to recruit the candidates into following defence services
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Officers Training Academy

Here is the eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates to apply for these defence services

Indian Military Academy :
-You should have completed your Graduation with any of the stream
-Required age should be 19-24 years.

Indian Naval Academy:
-You should have completed your Graduation with Mathematics and Physics subjects.
-Your age should be between 19-22 years.

Indian Air Force Academy:
-Completion of Graduation with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.
-Your age should be between 19-23 years.

Officers Training Academy :
-Completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Your age should be between 19-25 years.

As you have completed B.Com course, you are eligible to apply for IMA or OTA.

Choose the one which you are interested and crack it to be placed in defence services.

Wish you all the best.
16th April 2015, 12:26 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

There is no minimum percentage criteria required in the Graduation to apply for CDS exam.

The eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for

Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy-Graduation in any discipline.

Indian Naval Academy-Bachelor of Engineering.

Indian Air Force Academy-10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-For CDS exam,the age limit for

Indian Military Academy- 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy-19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy-19 years to 23 years

Officer's Training Academy-19 years to 25 years

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?