18th February 2019, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an Advocate for a candidate who has secured 53% in LLB and 51.19& in BA?

Hi everyone, I have secured 51.19% marks in my BA and 53% in LLB. I want to enroll for Advocate now. As, I have done LLB after my BA so, I don’t know how can I enroll myself as an Advocate? Kindly tell me the process. Waiting for your response!

27th March 2023, 01:56 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Procedure to become an Advocate for a candidate who has secured 53% in LLB and 51.19& in BA?

To become an Advocate in India, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: Obtain a Bachelor's degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University in India.

Step 2: Enroll yourself with the State Bar Council where you wish to practice law. For this, you need to visit the official website of the State Bar Council and fill the registration form.

Step 3: You need to attach the following documents with the registration form:

- Passport size photograph
- LLB degree certificate
- Mark sheets of all semesters of LLB
- Character certificate from the college where you completed your LLB
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate/10th Marksheet)
- Proof of address (Aadhar Card/Passport/Voter ID)

Step 4: Pay the registration fees as specified by the State Bar Council.

Step 5: Once your registration is accepted, you will have to appear for an All India Bar Examination (AIBE) conducted by the Bar Council of India (BCI). This examination tests your knowledge of law and ethics.

Step 6: After passing the AIBE, you will be issued a Certificate of Practice by the State Bar Council. You can now start practicing law in India.

Note: The eligibility criteria for enrolling as an Advocate may vary from one State Bar Council to another. Therefore, it is advisable to check the official website of the concerned State Bar Council for more details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?