17th March 2017, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

What to do after dropping out from my B.Tech civil engineering degree?

Sir, I had taken admission in B.Tech in stream of civil engineering. But I dropped because I did not clear exam. So, please give me advise for my career.

Related Questions:
  1. Is M.Sc in Animation possible after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  2. Is it good to take B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering from Jamia Peer Muhammad University after diploma in civil engineering? Is it AICTE and UGC approved?
  3. Can I pursue MS in IT with bachelors degree in civil? I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering with 73%
  4. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  5. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  6. How to do MCA in IIT/NIT after completing BCA from IGNOU?
  7. Which Degree course should I choose after dropping Instrumentation Technology Engineering?
  8. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering?
  9. Can I directly do Ph.d after completion of my dual degree in Civil Engineering in JNTUH?
  10. Minimum educational qualifications required to write SSC exam? Are final year students eligible to write this exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the future scope in Civil Engineering? Best universities providing masters degree in civil engineering
  12. What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering
  13. How to get civil engineering job after passing degree in civil engineering?
  14. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
  15. Can I get a good salary in Indian Railways holding a B.Tech degree in Civil engineering? What is the scope in civil engineering in Indian Railway?
  16. How to get admission in regular BE/BTech in Civil Engg. at GTU?
  17. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  18. How to do degree in B.E civil engineering through distance
17th March 2017, 11:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after dropping out from my B.Tech civil engineering degree?

Since you belong to Science stream, you have lot of opportunities in different fields.
Below I have mentioned some of the fields in which you can apply for your further career.

As you are a science student, you have a lot of scope in your future.
There are lots of courses which you can opt after completing your class 12th science.

For those who have an interest in Biology and are looking forward to a career in Medical line can opt for course like:
> MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
> BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
> BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery.
> Physician.
> Optometrists.
> Dental Surgeon.
> Pharmacists. etc.

For those who have an inclination towards Maths, Physics and Chemistry can get into Engineering line. These are as follows:

> Mechanical Engineering
> Civil Engineering
> Aeronautical Engineering
> Marine Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Computer Science Engineering
> Bio-Medical, Information Technology
> Marine Engineering etc.

You can also opt Forensic Science:

> B.Sc in Forensic Sciences.
> B.Sc in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science.
> Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes).
18th March 2017, 04:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after dropping out from my B.Tech civil engineering degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I had taken admission in B.Tech in stream of civil engineering. But I dropped because I did not clear exam. So, please give me advise for my career.
You can start to study some other course like BBA or BA Journalism and Mass Communication or BA or B.Sc or BCA or Hotel Management course or take a small job. The above given are some of the options. Take a break and think of which is your favorite subject and then study the subject. Many students who dropped out from engineering are turnout to be good business men. Don’t worry about the present situation and don’t lose hope. The present position will change soon. If possible try to complete the B.Tech Civil Engineering course. The above given are some of the options available for you.
18th March 2017, 05:46 PM
Sameerthapar123

It is important for you to select a new line of a career now.
You must first see whether you want to pursue engineering in the first place or not. If you do not like core civil engineering subjects but have a good hold of science and maths and truly want to be an engineer then you must go for some other stream of engineering.

If you do not like science or maths itself in the first place then you must opt for some other stream like Arts or Commerce.
Do note that even commerce requires Maths but it is different from the maths taught in engineering and is called commercial maths.
If you do not have an interest in maths at all then you should probably choose either of Arts or Law(where there is less amount of maths taught).

Apart from weighing your interests in Maths and Science, you must also make sure that the subjects you choose now are not such that you just like but when you study in detail you may not like it. Thus, in order to avoid this, you must try and study these subjects i.e at least just the basics of it to be sure that you really like the subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?