15th May 2022, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

How to do Summer Training in IIT campus?

Sir i am b.tech student and i want to do training in IIT campus. So, please tell me how to do that?

15th May 2022, 04:49 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do Summer Training in IIT campus?

You can apply to internships at IIT by visiting the official careers website of the IIT or websites of the particular departments in an IIT where you want to intern.

One can also apply through the aforementioned internsYou can email IIT professors who have similar research interests as yours and request them to host you as an intern. Mention your academic background and research interests and explain why you wish to work on the project and how your skill set can contribute to it. (Note: The email ids of the professors can be found on the official website of the respective IIT)hip programmes.
15th May 2022, 04:51 PM
Msdhoni02

How to do Summer Training in IIT campus?

1. Apply online – You can apply to internships at IIT by visiting the official careers website of the IIT or websites of the particular departments in an IIT where you want to intern.

2. Email the professors – You can email IIT professors who have similar research interests as yours and request them to host you as an intern.
15th May 2022, 05:34 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

IITs usually have their own portal where you can apply. After application you will be shortlisted for an interview. The shortlisting is mostly done on the basis of your academic performance in the previous semesters. In the interview you will judged on the basis of your skills and previous experiences (projects, internships, publications, etc.). These portals usually open in the month of February/ March every year , so you must keep a frequent watch on their websites.

There is another way you can secure an internship at an IIT, i.e. by mailing your desired professor personally with a cover letter and your resume. However the chances of being accepted is very low.
15th May 2022, 06:01 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To do Summer Training on the IIT campus, you can apply through IIT's website by clicking on the career option and selecting the 'internship' option from the dropdown. IIT internships usually last 6-8 weeks from the months of May to July and the internship is provided with a stipend it varies from campus to campus. The list of IITs that provide summer training is given below.

IIT Ropar
IIT Roorkee
IIT Gandhinagar
IIT Guwahati
IIT Bombay
IIT Delhi
IIT Hyderabad
17th May 2022, 11:36 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

There are 2 types of Internship mainly offered to students
Paid internship
Unpaid internship
Most of the students prefer unpaid internship because they are less competitive.

#By mailing the professor, one can apply for the internship .

# student can also write the reason why they want to work under the professor and his purpose etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?