24th January 2017, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA? What is the minimum criteria followed for it? Can someone please give me the complete details on the same soon? It will be helpful if you can answer me on this with your experience sharing.

26th January 2017, 12:21 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA?

You have completed MCA degree so you are eligible for PhD course but you should qualify in UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National eligibility test and this exam is conducted by UGC

the educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from recognised University with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to reserved students and final year students are also legible for NET exams .

There is no age bar for NET exam but for jrf post sure it should be below 28 years.
26th January 2017, 12:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science after successful completion of MCA course. Generally the admission process varies from institute to institute. Most of the institutions consider NET or GATE Score to get admission into Doctoral Program courses. I suggest you to apply for NET Examination that is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and you may get admission in top colleges based on this NET Score. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NET Examination is Post Graduation. As you are done with Master's Degree in Computer Applications, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply for this course.
26th January 2017, 01:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, M.Tech is necessary for PhD. MCA qualification is enough to join PhD in computer science. Delhi University, IISC extra are some of the reputed Institutes from where you can pursue the course. These Institutes carry out own entrance test of admission.

Detailed information can be collected from the concerned web portal.
26th January 2017, 01:26 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to pursue Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA course. Candidates who have completed their master's degree with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university are eligible for the same. For reserved category candidates the marks will be 55%. There is no age limit to pursue Ph.D course and you may have to appear for an entrance examination to get admission in some reputed institutes.
26th January 2017, 02:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA? What is the minimum criteria followed for it? Can someone please give me the complete details on the same soon? It will be helpful if you can answer me on this with your experience sharing.

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in Computer Science after completion of MCA course. The applicant must have passed MCA with at least 60% marks from a recognized university are eligible for the PhD in Computer Science. The candidates will be selected to the PhD in Computer Science on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and interview. The candidates who qualified NET / SET / GATE will be exempted from the entrance test, but they have to appear for interview.

International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Official Website

Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology - Official Website

CMR Institute of Technology - Official Website
26th January 2017, 02:13 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible as you have completed your master degree.To pursue PhD, a candidate needs a minimum of 55% marks in Master's degree for general candidate and for a candidate who is other than general like OBC/SC/ST minimum marks required is 50% in relevant subject.
26th January 2017, 06:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Computer Science after the completion of your MCA course as you have met the eligibility criteria for the same.
Candidates those who have completed their MCA course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Computer Science.
26th January 2017, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of MCA course, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.

UGC NET or GATE score card is essential for Ph.D course in Computer Science.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?