13th October 2016, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU with 6 years of work experience?

I completed my mca in ignou.now iam working as a administrative manager with 6 years of exp.now i want to do mphil or phd in ignou.plz guide me on this.which specilization is best for me.my intrest is administration and rural development

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission in IGNOU for PhD in Management having 10 years of work experience?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Commerce/Economics if completed ICAI and having 11 years of work experience?
  4. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  5. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  6. Possibility to study PhD in English Language in IGNOU for a B.Ed graduate who has 20 years of Teaching experience?
  7. Can I do Ph.D through IGNOU while working as a lecturer with 7 years teaching experience?
  8. Can i do B.Ed from IGNOU after getting 5 years experience?
  9. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam if having 2 years of work experience after completed M.Sc(Biochemistry)?
  10. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  11. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  12. Does work experience is required to do PhD?
  13. What is the procedure to do PhD Zoology in IGNOU? How much time will it take to complete the course? -- [New]
  14. Can I apply for NET if completed MBA(Executive Education) and having 9 years of work experience?
  15. From which universities can I do Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after 7 years of software development experience?
  17. Can I study Part Time PhD in Computer Science without pursuing Master's Degree for B.E.(CSE) graduate who has 8 years of work experience? List of colleges in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu?
  18. Which university is the best to do Ph.D from distance learning in Chemistry?
13th October 2016, 05:55 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU with 6 years of work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my mca in ignou.now iam working as a administrative manager with 6 years of exp.now i want to do mphil or phd in ignou.plz guide me on this.which specilization is best for me.my intrest is administration and rural development

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD from IGNOU after MCA and 6 years of work experience. Candidates should have post graduate degree in the computer science from a recognized university. The minimum eligibility criteria is 55% marks at Post Graduation level. The eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Test conducted by the University. Candidates who will be successful in the Entrance Test will be called for Interview/presentation of synopsis before the Discipline Doctoral Committee. Those who have NET conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICAR or any other equivalent examination will be exempted from Entrance Test. The IGNOU website link is Click Here
13th October 2016, 06:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU with 6 years of work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D course from IGNOU. But your masters degree marks must be above 55% from a recognized University.

Best topics for Ph.D course is Image Processing.
13th October 2016, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for it, if you have got 55% marks in your MCA degree. If you have 6 years experience in same field, then you will get exemption from entrance exam stage.
Normally, admission is based on the performance in entrance exam and interview conducted by the IGNOU. Hence, be prepared for interview stage and apply on time, when notification comes.
14th October 2016, 12:05 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to opt Ph.D from IGNOU after the completion of MCA with 6 years of experience.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course through distance also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?