30th October 2016, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Tech after completion of MCA?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Now i am doing MCA(masters in computer application).I want to know that can I do m.tech or Ph.D. If i can't then what are the other scope after completing my MCA. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on the same.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
31st October 2016, 12:34 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Tech after completion of MCA?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D after the completion of MCA if you score above 55% of marks in MCA course.
Candidates those who have completed their MCA from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
31st October 2016, 10:41 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for both Master of technology as well as PhD course after completion of Master of Computer Application. For admission in Master of technology, you will have to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and obtain good rank in this examination to get admission in top colleges like IITs or NITs.

The eligibility criteria for PhD course for MCA candidates is that they must have minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. Second important criteria is that their GATE score should be at least 300.
31st October 2016, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Now i am doing MCA(masters in computer application).I want to know that can I do m.tech or Ph.D. If i can't then what are the other scope after completing my MCA. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on the same.

Thank you!
You are doing MCA course so you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should obtain above 55% marks from a recognized University.

You should qualify in GATE or UGC NET exam to get admission in Ph.D course.

After completion of Ph.D course, you can get jobs in government recognized University.
31st October 2016, 02:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in Computer Applications after completion of MCA course. The candidates shall possess MCA Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree are eligible for a PhD program. The admission to the PhD program will be done through an Entrance Test and Interview.
Yes, you are eligible to study M.Tech after completion of MCA. You have to clear the GATE examination and score good marks to join M.Tech in best colleges.
31st October 2016, 05:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

After completion of Master of Computer Application, you can pursue Master of Technology and PhD course.

1. To get admission in Master of technology, you will have to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and clear this examination with good rank.

2. In order to get admission in PhD, criteria is that you should have minimum of 60% marks in MCA and you should have GATE score minimum of 300 or you should have qualified CSIR NET, ICMR, DST Inspire fellowship etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?