24th June 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

Can you please tell me the complete Procedure of Phd. After MCA?? I'm confused. What should I do for the Please help. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

24th June 2016, 07:00 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can you please tell me the complete Procedure of Phd. After MCA?? I'm confused. What should I do for the Please help. It will be really helpful if you can answer me back soon. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!
You have to apply to the university with the application form provided for this purpose. You have to submit the application along with a brief description of your proposed topic of research. The eligibility to do PhD in Computer and Information Science is a pass in Master’s Degree with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for an entrance test and interview for the admission. The PhD course is offered in the following institutions for the MCA holders;

- IGNOU - Official Website
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad - Official Website
- CMR Institute of Technology - Official Website
24th June 2016, 08:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?

Admission to the Ph.D course is carried out through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam. The candidate who wants to pursue Ph.d. degree can also appear for the NET (National Eligibility Test) exam.

Academic qualification required to apply for the Ph.D is Master's degree in relevant areas from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
25th June 2016, 12:59 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Candidates interested to get admission in PhD should qualify Master Degree in respective stream from a recognized university. After obtaining necessary educational qualifications, one need to appear and qualify in the PhD entrance exam conducted by the concerned university or National level exams like NET/SLET. Selection of qualified candidates to the PhD course will be done on the basis of entrance exam performance.
25th June 2016, 02:35 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in PhD course after completion of your MCA, you will have to appear for GATE, NET examination and once after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to get admission in the course.

You will have to fill up the form online and provide the required details asked for and after filling up the application form, you will be very much eligible to appear for the examination and get admission in the above mentioned course afterwards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?